Oracle CLOB giving error

Hi,

I’m using Oracle database (Oracle8i Enterprise Edition, 8.1.7.4.0) for Solaris.
I’m getting the following error when trying to insert into a table with a CLOB field via a DB Adapter service. I’m using classes12.zip for JDBC driver.
JDK is 1.4.2
Any one has encountered this error before when trying to insert into a CLOB field?

[ART.117.4002] Adapter Runtime (Adapter Service): Unable to invoke adapter service …
[ADA.1.316] Cannot execute the SQL statement “INSERT INTO BLOG_NOTES(ID, AUTHOR, DATE_ENTERED, BLOG_DATA) VALUES (?, ?, ?, ?)”. “(17410) No more data to read from socket”
No more data to read from socket

Regards,
WL

Hi WL,

Have you tried using ojdbc14.jar from Oracle? Would suggest to try latest version.

also check http://www.oracle.com/technology/tech/java/sqlj_jdbc/htdocs/jdbc_faq.htm

We have a simular problem when processing CLOB’s. We had to use drivertype=oci on the JDBC-adapter.

Hi,

We had the same issue on JDBC Adapters and our problem was resolved by moving over to the latest version of classes12.jar/zip from Oracle.

Hi,

as stated earlier in some other similar threads on Advantage Forums,
LOBs in Thin Driver Mode are only supported with the 10g driver versions.

OCI Driver Mode will only work if there certain Oracle Components installed on the machine on which IS is running, as OCI is a Type 2 Driver which requires native components where as Thin is a Type 4 Driver which does not require native components.

Remember to use the correct version of the driver jar/zip for your JDK/JRE:
classes12.jar/zip should only be used with JDK 1.2.x/1.3.x
ojdbc14.jar is intended for JDK 1.4.x and above.

Regards,
Holger