Oracle 8i with TN 6.5

Hi All,

We have a problem while migrating Trading Networks 4.6 to 6.5. Exisisting our database version is Oracle 8i, while running the [FONT=PalatinoLinotype-Roman][SIZE=2]

mig_TN_4-6

[/size][/font]

_to_6-5_oracle.sql file we are getting an error that Table’s are not able create for some of them due to TIMESTAMP Column which is not available in Oracle 8i. It is available from Oracle 9i or higher.

Can we run the mig_TN_4-6_to_6-5_oracle.sql file by changing Date column where ever TIMESTAMP is available. IF we do like this do we encounter any problems while running TN.

Do we get any compatiable scripts for TN 6.5 with oracle 8i.

Please help me here, its very urgent.

Thanks & Regards
Naveen Kumar.G

The relevant documentation for this type of upgrade is found in the “TN-UPG-4xto65-20050429” document available in the Advantage->Bookshelf->Upgrade Documentation->Trading Networks area.

Did you run the premig_TN_4-6_to_6-5_oracle.sql script first?

Mark

Hi Carlson,

We started doing the migration as per the webMethods_Trading_Networks_Upgrading_from_4.x_to_6.5.pdf file. We ran the premig file also.

As per your suggetion, i sent an email to webMethods support Team. Hope to see the response. Other wise we dont have any option to webMethods 6.1 rather than webMethods 6.5.

I have checked in webMethods 6.1 it is compatiable with Oracle 8i.

Thanks & Regards
Naveen Kumar.G