ORA-03113 (dbAdapter & Connection Pooling)

Hello all.
We’re using IS461 and the Database Adapter, and we seem to be having a bit of a problem with Connection pooling.
Unfortunately, the power on our Oracle servers is cycled nightly. When we run a Flow which connects to the database the next morning (pub.db:connect), we receive an Oracle error (“ORA-03113: end-of-file on communication channel”).
The only way we’ve found to resolve the problem to this point is to restart our IS server, which seems like a bit of a hassle. I would have assumed that if nothing was using a database connection all night, that the connections should have timed-out and been removed from the pool.
Initially, I thought that maybe the problem was our “Minimum Connections” parameter was set to high (10 connections), and as a result, if our current connections was < 10, the sweeping services didn’t bother checking to see if any connections should be removed. Then I realized that I had no idea what the “Minimum Connections” parameter actually controls, since it doesn’t seem to be the minimum number of actual database connections (just the “connections to pool”).
I’ve looked at the wm.server.db:reapConnections service, but I can’t find any documentation on this. Does anyone know if this will solve my problem if I scheduled it to run regularly?
Thanks in advance for your ideas.

Curtis