Old process model version not getting updated to new version of the process model

Hello,

I am facing an issue, I have deployed my new version process model but the old process instances are not getting updated with the new pocess model.

Can anyone please help on the same

Regards,
Raj

Hi Raj,

It has happened for us as well this problem. Especially using deployments.

What we did and what it worked is to:

1. Reload WmPRT or
  2. Restart IS

Let us know if this works.

Hello Vlad,

I have restarted the server and relaoaded wMPRT package as well but didn’t work for me.

Is is really possible that all the existing instances will get updated to the new process model version without any issue.

Regards,
Raj

Hi Raj,

I have misread your post content.

I was thinking that you do not see the new process model, i.e it does not get updated.

As for your problem, I do not exactly know the answer.

My opinion is that the default is to:

• run the existing instances on the old process model
  • run the new instances on the new process model

I do not know if the first ones can be “migrated” to the second ones.

Are we talking about process model version change or just some minor changes in the process?

Hello Vlad,

Yes I am talking about the “process model version change”

Regards,
Raj

Hi Raj,

You can find how to do this in the webMethods Monitor User guide (chapter: Updating a Process Instance to a New Model Version)

1 Like

Hi Raj,

Just wanted to know what can be scenario where we are updating existing process instance version to new version. Suppose I have a BPM process in version 3 and now updated version 4 is deployed with new functionalities (new step , new pipeline , new gateway logic). Now what ever running/started instances in version 3 will continue to run in version 3 and new instance start will go with version 4. For this whenever we deploy new version , wM BPM does not disable old intermediate trigger contains inside old version folder , so that it continue with old instance process.

Thanks!
Baharul Islam