null check using regular expression

Hi Frends

Had a doubt regarding checking null.
Is it so that checking for null while using appendToList, regular expression check on variable holds good but on docList there is a performance issue.
Please guide

Regards
Mayank

Hi
can you try to use the “copy condition” parameter inthe fromItem property of appendToDocumentList . Specify the condition as per ur requirement on variable/document.if the condition is OKay then only that value will be mapped to toList.

In 4.x and 6.x versions I had observed that appendToDocumentList would slow dramatically when the size of the list approached about 1000 entries. More recent informal tests with 7.x showed no such performance issue.

I would suggest running some tests in your environment to see if it is an issue or not.

Thanks Rob for the reply…
Would surely work on that, but would like to know whether using regular expressions for null check on the docList creates performnce issue or not

thanks fr the reply …
Would try using the copy condition for the null check.
Hope that will do

There is still lot of overhead in the latest releases with services appendtoDocList… advised to use java services for the same operations if the document list is really heavy more than few thousand records.

Hi mayank,

Once your issue get’s resolved. can you post the resolution

thnks for the suggestion
Would implement java services

ya Jeevan would post after issue is resolved

appendToDocList is a Java service. A doc list is simply an array of IData objects. You’re not going to be faster with your own Java service if you still use an array.

And if you don’t use arrays, and instead use something like a hashmap or other collection classe, then you’ll need to adjust your services to convert that to a doc list when you’re done building it up (I’ve done this in the past and it’s fairly easy).

Before writing your own services, test to see if appendToDocList will perform satisfactorily in your environment for your integration.

I do not know if using a regex in the loop will have a significant impact on performance. Test it to find out. Intuitively it seems that it would be slower than other types of checks but, 1) it might not be, and; 2) the slow-down may not be enough to matter. Test first, then tune.

thanks Rob for your reply
Will try implementing your suggestion