NO LOCKFILE in wM822

HI,
I’ve installed wM822 on my laptop. I noticed one different behaviour of IS maybe it is normal and i noticed it first time or it is actually different.
When i start IS through windows services console I do not see any “LOCKFILE” generated but if i start the IS through command line then i am able to see “LOCKFILE”.
Is it something normal or changed behaviour of wM8.2.2?

If anyone has idea then please explain.

Regards,
Vikas

No change and ass always in any case a LOCKFILE should be there for IS to be up.

Could be some install issues with the windows service you may have to troubleshoot it.

HTH,
RMG

I have seen this behavior with Windows 2008 R2 machine where IS was installed as service. What OS you are running?

Hi Senthil,
My machine is running on WIN 7 64 bit.

Regards,
Vikas

Its expected behavior with Windows as Integration Server 8.2 can run both as native application (command line) or within OSGi container (windows service). OSGi uses wrapper.conf under softwareag\profiles\IS\configuration to start the server. This doesn’t create LOCKFILE.

-Senthil

Senthil, I guess you are right…may be I have overlooked this behavior…

Please share the ‘updates’ on Abot page on IS Admin Page on 8.2.2. If it is ‘None’. You need to install the latest fix for IS.

The LOCKFILE for the webMethods 8 Integration Server is no longer created when started as a service.

Software AG has made changes in webMethods v8.2 so that the LOCKFILE is only created when the Integration Server is started as an application. It is no longer created when started as a service.

The following shows the result of attempting to start an Integration Server instance as a service and as an application:
If the Integration Service instance is not already started:
If you try to start the Integration Server as an application, it starts provided there is no LOCKFILE.
If you try to start the Integration Server as a service, it starts.
If the Integration Server instance is already started as a service:
If you try to start the Integration Server as an application, you will receive a message and the application does not start a second time.
If you try to start the Integration Server as a service, you will receive a message that the service is already started.
If the Integration Server instance is already started as an application:
If you try to start the Integration Server as an application, you will receive the traditional LOCKFILE message.
If you try to start the Integration Server as a service, the application instance of the Integration Server is shutdown. A shutdown command is issued and can be seen in the server log and on the screen.

make sense and thanks for the update thread:

Hi Susheel,
I’ve also sen this behavior but question is whether SAG has mentioned about this behavior in any of their document?

Regards,
Vikas

some times documentation gives no straight forward info / clues :)…which is a open news.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.