.NET Framework version 4.0 supported yet in 8.2?

Team

Is anyone able to use dll compiled in .NET Framework 4.0 and create a .NET service in developer\Designer? Is it supported yet?

Cheers,
Akshith

Refer to [url]http://techcommunity.softwareag.com/ecosystem/documentation/webmethods/adapters_estandards/Adapters/webMethods_Adapters_System_Requirements.htm[/url]

Framework versions 1.1, 2.0, 3.0, 3.5 are supported but NOT 4.0

Suresh

Yeah, We recompiled it on 3.5 framework and it worked. I saw this on Empower and thought something might have changed.

May be they still working on to implement release who knows::frowning:

The .net adapter uses reflection to create the flow service wrappers and it will work with 2.0, and 3.0 as long as you didn’t use any features like LINQ.

The way to really integrate is by using soap with .net 4.0/WCF and creating a soap descriptor against the wcf wsdl.

Regards,
Valter

Thanks for dropping a note Valter, The requirement was to use a Framework DLL which has the standard encryption methods to encrypt data and is being used enterprise wide by different applications.

I would personally prefer SOAP over method calls anytime, but the clients Framework currently does not support SOAP and we have to live with it for at least another 3 yrs.

Cheers,
Akshith

With WCF you can write a soap wrapper to whatever 2.0 dll, you would write the so it would go
flow–>soap–>WCF–>old20.dll

What kind of encryption and why not use the webMethods encryption or create a java service using JCE???

http://docs.oracle.com/javase/1.4.2/docs/guide/security/jce/JCERefGuide.html

I will explore the possibility of SOAP using WCF and making call to the dll.

Initially i wrote the encryption services in Java but the Architecture group discouraged it and asked us to use the enterprise Framework for encryption developed in .NET. I can not get in to the details of what type of the encryption is being used in the dll but all i can say is the same thing can(has been) be done using Java.

Cheers,
Akshith