Need guide for cluster setup

Dear All,
I need Cluster set up guide for wM8.2. I gone through SAG provided one with which I am not clear. Kindly help me if someone has any document.

Thanks,
Anil.

Anil,

Are you setting up IS cluster? What is the issue you are facing here? Are you using oracle coherence?

Thanks Maheshh for your response.

In Prod, we wanted to have IS in 2 nodes and both should be in cluster. To achieve this I need cluster set up guide.

Thanks,
Anil.

Anil,

My questions are not fully answererd, anyways PFA and have a look at the below link:

http://tech.forums.softwareag.com/techjforum/posts/list/36561.page

&

https://techcommunity.softwareag.com/pwiki/-/wiki/Main/webMethods+Integration+Server+Cluster+Network+Tests/pop_up;jsessionid=D8F83FA399BD0E0BCCF1EFDEDD17F6B3?controlPanelCategory=portlet_36

What did you mean “I need Cluster set up guide for wM8.2. I gone through SAG provided one with which I am not clear.”

Did you get any customized docs from SAG support, if yes do attach the same in this thread.

I am referring here, some one might have prepared document while doing Clustering which they use for future ref.I guess you don’t have knowledge on this as you didn’t work on this part. Anyways thanks for your reply.

Thanks,

Anil,

Everyone refers SAG documentation and prepares their own custom documentation (this document becomes a copyright material).

Do you bet guessing on my knowledge? I have shared the details that I am aware, hope you understand it better now.

Feel free if you have any concerns or questions.

Common Mahesh. I know you have good knowledge in webMethods and other technologies as well :slight_smile:

Thanks,

Can someone help me to share any custom prepared document as I have to do this by myself.

Thanks,
Anil.

Anil,

You still have not said what you are “not clear” about. What are you having trouble with?

Percio

Percio,

I don’t have clear idea on this cluster set up. I need a document which can explain what all we have to do to set up a cluster of IS’s.

Thanks,
Anil.

I don’t have such document so I can’t help you with that. I can tell you though, that in a nutshell, this is what you will be doing (assuming a typical 2-node cluster):

1. Install IS on both nodes
  2. Install Terracotta on both nodes
  3. Configure Terracotta as a two-node array
  4. Point the two Integration Servers to the same database
  5. Point the two Integration Servers to the Terracotta Server Array
  6. Add a load balancer in front of the Integration Servers to distribute HTTP/S requests
  7. If using Broker/UM, point the two Integration Servers to it using the same client prefix

If you have a specific question on any of these steps, let us know.

Percio

Thanks Percio for your comments.

I don’t have good knowledge on Terracotta. I also heard that we can use Oracle coherence in place of Terracotta. Can you please give more points or any docs on this to understand better.

Thanks,
Anil.

Percio,

Can you please help me on this topic.

Thanks,
Anil.

Hi,

For keeping IS in cluster I don’t think Terracotta is needed, it is only for caching. For knowing about Terracotta, please go through link ‘Install and Configure Terracotta server array 4.1 Tutorial | Webmethods Expert

Thanks,

Terracotta also supports clustering.

Mahes: What do you mean by that ? Can you plz be specific.

Thanks,

MR,

I mean for clustering we have used oracle coherance and terracotta. What does your project use for IS clustering in test and prod environments?

We didn’t use either of this.

Thanks,

A traditional IS cluster, as defined by the documentation, requires some type of shared memory. Some people refer to this is as a stateful cluster. Now, it is also possible to configure multiple load balanced Integration Servers without any shared memory depending on what products you’re using and how. Some people refer to this is a stateless cluster. However, based on your comments thus far, I’m assuming you’re interested in a traditional cluster.

Having said this, then yes, you will need either Coherence and Terracotta. If I recall correctly, 8.2 was the last version to offer Coherence as an option. Since then, the only option is Terracotta. Therefore, we can scratch the idea of using Coherence because it makes no sense for you to setup a Coherence-based cluster now and then have to convert it to Terracotta in your next upgrade.

Terracotta requires additional installation and configuration so one of the first things you will have to do is (1) identify what version of Terracotta you need for your version of IS (http://techcommunity.softwareag.com/ecosystem/documentation/webmethods/wmsuites/Current_webMethods_and_Terracotta_Compatibility_Matrix.pdf) and then (2) download that version of Terracotta from Empower.

Next, you’ll have to install it, which typically involves unzipping a file into a directory of your choice. The basic clustering license allows you to create a simple Terracotta Server Array (TSA) with a pair of active-passive servers, which means you’ll likely be installing Terracotta on two separate servers. Many customers with the typical 2-node cluster choose to simply install Terracotta on the same servers as the IS but you don’t have to do this. Up to you.

Once Terracotta is installed, you now need to configure it. The vast majority of the configuration is done through a file called tc-config.xml.

This page on Empower appears to have some good info for you to follow: https://empower.softwareag.com/sl24sec/SecuredServices/document/java/Troubleshooting/atg/Integration_Server_Terracotta_Cluster_Troubleshooting.html

If you get stuck, let us know.

Percio

Thanks Percio for your inputs. Will surely let you know if I stuck in middle.

Thanks,
Anil.