Multithread flows with WM 46

Is it possible to call many instances of the same flow to sever then share data for each instance??

I made a Java service which invokes simultaneously n threads of the same service, and it works perfectly… but there is still a problem!

I have to find any way to reduce the duration of a huge ftp operation (including put and append instructions). When I use only one service, it takes 38h and it doesn’t even take the whole band-width… that’s why I wanted to use multithread.

the multiples insances of the service begin correctly, but everything goes wrong when all the services try to work with the ftp server…

so my questions are: has anyone resolved a similar problem?
is multithreading the best solution in this case?

thx…

I made a Java service which invokes simultaneously n threads of the same service, and it works perfectly… but there is still a problem!

I have to find any way to reduce the duration of a huge ftp operation (including put and append instructions). When I use only one service, it takes 38h and it doesn’t even take the whole band-width… that’s why I wanted to use multithread.

the multiples instances of the service begin correctly, but everything goes wrong when all the services try to work with the ftp server…

so my questions are: has anyone resolved a similar problem?
is multithreading the best solution in this case?

thx…

Julien,

I think your situation is the following. Can you confirm?

1. You have a file that you want to send to another server using FTP and currently it takes 38 hours to send. []You want to reduce the duration of this operation, so you are hoping to break it apart into smaller files that can be sent in parallel. []You have observed that the network bandwidth is not fully utilized, so you are thinking that running multiple FTP sessions in parallel might be the answer.

Can you comment on how much of your server’s memory and CPU are being used during the attempted transfer of the single, large file?

Mark