Multicasting Setup for IS Clustering in Wm8

Hi folks,

Need a quick advice on multicasting configuration required for integration server clustering in Wm8/7.x … As far as i know if the nodes of cluster are on different subnets/vlan then we need to configure network routers for multicasting and assign a multicasting group…
but if the both nodes/machines are on same network/vlan… do we still need to have multicasting address/group assigned to these machines?

-nD

please discrard the above post, i got the answer and its kinda weired thing i was asking :stuck_out_tongue: … looks like m getting into weekend groove :smiley:

cheers!

Hi Dev,
please tell me how did you solve the problem. Can you share it

webMethods 8.0 Integration Server uses Oracle Coherence to create a distributed (or shared) cache for storing volatile data. For Integration Server Clustering to work, you need to configure your network routers to allow multicast traffic.

For each IS cluster, it is recommended to assign a separate multicast address, for example 237.0.0.1. To avoid potential conflicts with other multicast applications, It must be ensured that these addresses are assigned or agreed by network administrators.

Thanks Amar

just to add to above, that network routers configuration is only required when your nodes in cluster lies on different subnet/vlan. If your all nodes are on same vlan… this configuration is not required and multicasting distribution should work just fine.

-nD

Thanks to DEV and Amar !

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.