Modal Dialog with import template view

Hi,
I am trying to get a modal dialog in a view that call another portlet.
Porlet A displays a list of orders in a table with ID column.
I would like click on ID and show the modal dialog containing the Portlet B (This portlet show the order details calling a webservice. Portlet B has 3 input parameter and the webservice is set to autorefresh)

Actually:
-I put on ID value a link that when i click it open the modal dialog (“Client-Side Events → Click” value: CAF.model(‘#{activePageBean.clientIds[“modalDialog”]}’).show():wink:
-In the modal dialog I put the “importTemplateView” with the Portlet B path value.
-I add 3 ControlParameter in the ImportTemplateView binding each one with the corresponding value from the resulset of Portlet A

When I click on ID I visualize the modal dialog with the portlet B but with empty fields.

Is it the correct way? There are other methods to open a portlet like modal dialog for satisfy my requirement?

Thanks
Bye

Are you refreshing the modal dialog on click of link (ID)?

Hi,
when I click the link I invoke this statement CAF.model(‘#{activePageBean.clientIds[“modalDialog”]}’).show();
I need to invoke another statement like this CAF.model(‘#{activePageBean.clientIds[“modalDialog”]}’).refresh(); ?

Thanks

If you are using Async command link/button, In the Toggle and Refresh property, specify the ID of the modal dialog.