Missing SAP Adapter Option

We recently upgraded to version 4.6 of SAP Business Connector which appears to have gone OK (and may not be related to this problem).

Yesterday (after a reboot) I noticed that the SAP Adapter option has vanished from the management screen, I have also noticed that my laptop is suffering from the same problem. In the error log I get the following.

2002-09-28 12:31:27 BST java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException:JCO.classInitialize(): Could not load middleware layer 'com.sap.mw.jco.rfc.MiddlewareRFC
no jRFC12 (jRFC12.dll) in java.library.path
2002-09-28 12:31:27 BST java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException: java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError: JCO.classInitialize(): Could not load middleware layer 'com.sap.mw.jco.rfc.MiddlewareRFC
no jRFC12 (jRFC12.dll) in java.library.path
at java.lang.Error.(Error.java:52)
at java.lang.LinkageError.(LinkageError.java:45)
at java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError.(ExceptionInInitializerError.java:84)
at com.sap.mw.jco.JCO.(JCO.java:296)
at com.wm.pkg.sap.SAPTrace.(SAPTrace.java:87)
at com.wm.pkg.sap.Log.(Log.java:38)
at sap.admin.startup(admin.java:139)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.JavaService.baseInvoke(JavaService.java:281)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.ServiceManager.invoke(ServiceManager.java:707)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.ServiceManager.invoke(ServiceManager.java:499)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.ServiceManager.invoke(ServiceManager.java:456)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.SessionInvoke.run(Session.java:620)
at com.wm.util.pool.PooledThread.run(PooledThread.java:103)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:498)

Can anyone shed any light into what is going on here, I have tried everything I know to fix the problem but to no avail, at the moment I have system that is completely dead! Help!

Regards

Callum

If you are running IS 4.6 with SP1 loaded, then there is a fix to the package ClassLoader that causes a compatibility problem with the SAP Adapter. There is a patch available for the SAP Adapter that solves the problem.

The problem is related to IS packages that directly reference Java classes in another package without explicitly declaring a package dependency.

If you are not running SP1 or the original IS_4-6_Fix?? that shipped the ClassLoader change, then this is not your problem. Check the server HTML UI About page for the list of currently installed Fixes/SPs and then check the IS_4-6_FIX??_README.txt file corresponding to any fix to see what changed.