Measure long elapsed periods with Analytics Builder

What product/components do you use and which version/fix level are you on?

Analytics Builder 10.15

Is your question related to the free trial, or to a production (customer) instance?

customer

What are you trying to achieve? Please describe it in detail.

The customer wants to monitor, if an alarm was not achnowledged or cleared during a predefined period. Therefore, we thought about using Analytics Builder to create a new model with the Duration Block. As in the documentation for this block is written, to set the amount of time in seconds, I want to know if you see any concerns about defining a much longer elapsed time frame, like multiple weeks in seconds.

Do you get any error messages? Please provide a full error message screenshot and log file.

No, just happy about experts knowledge exchange.

Have you installed all the latest fixes for the products and systems you are using?

/

Hi Yvonne,

as Analytics Builder keeps the state in memory, it is probably not the best approach to handle such long timeouts. I would suggest to use EPL Apps as this also allows you to easily deal with existing alarms when the app starts. I can think of two options here:

• For every incoming alarm (using FindAlarm during startup and subscription later), start a listener with a timeout.
  • On a schedule fetch all alarms and check if they are active for longer than expected.

Best regards,
Harald

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.