max no of 100 conversations exceeded or adapter fails to rec

Question:
Does anyone have any experience in tuning SAP and wM SAP adapter to help understand what to problem could be.

Problem Summary:
Running SAP Adapter SP5 w/fix 5 on IS 4.6. We are trying to process 90,000 idoc in packs of 20. During our testing of 1066 idocs we fail either with “max no of 100 conversations exceeded” or the adapter hangs and doesn’t reconnect back with SAP.

Actions taken:
We have worked with SAP and wM to setup SAP Note 316877 to tune SAP, but it now fails faster. I can setup SAP w/ pool size 150, listener with 15 threads. The Listener shows 15 (currentActive)/ 15 (maxThreads), yet I can only get 0-5 (currentBusy)/ 5 (peakBusy). I have monitored the SAP system and their are only 5 concurrent users with maxium of 10 threads.

If currentBusy drops to zero (0), then we will time out and SAP fails to reconnect and waits another 5 minutes to reconnect, or errors out with "max no of 100 conversations exceeded. I have watched SAP and it could have 20 asynchronous transactions trying to connect, but will fail to stay connected to webMethods SAP adapter.

CORRECTION: the last statement should be "I have watched SAP and it could have 20 SYNCHRONOUS transactions trying to connect, but will fail to stay connected to webMethods SAP adapter.

To avoid the “max no of 100 conversations…” error, you should change the parameters of the SAP Gateway. You can view these parameters if you run in SAP the program RSPARAM.
Your basis people should be able to change those for you.
100 is the default number of the max concurrent connection for the sap gateway.

hope this helps
vasilis