Map editor and observation window

When we load a PDA into a map observation window, the group level items are not expanded. Also, when we use the “?” to get a navigation window (as we do with programs and subprograms) we do not get an expanded listing. :frowning:

I should add to my question the fact that the PDA is an array of CV’s.

I should add to my question the fact that the PDA is an array of CV’s.

DougS wrote:

When we load a PDA into a map observation window, the group level items are not expanded. Also, when we use the “?” to get a navigation window (as we do with programs and subprograms) we do not get an expanded listing

Doug, the term “map observation window” is not a common term. I, for one, have no idea what you are talking about. Could you explain what the term means and then what it means to load a PDA into it?

The same goes for “navigation window”. It appears you are going to a helproutine (the question mark), and not seeing something you expect to see. Since the helproutine only “shows” (via WRITE,DISPLAY,PRINT, or INPUT) what you coded, if you did not code an expanded listing, you would not see same.

Also note that you cannot simply WRITE (or any other statement) a Control Variable. You can REDEFINE it, for example, as a B2 to examine the bit pattern, but that is all.

Are you trying to debug and see the Control Variables?

steve

Ob P CSB770P1 Ob D CLS ATT DEL CLS ATT DEL
. VEND-PYMT *V1 . T D TU Blnk T I NE ?
1 VEND-PYMT-KEY A45 . T D GR _ A I YE )

===================================================

Fld #OBJ-DTL Fmt A3

AD= MYLT______ ZP= SG= HE= ‘CD-HELPR’,=_________ Rls 0
AL= _____ CD= YE CV= #KEY-CV_________________________ Mod User

This is the top of the map and the field editor, and I was referring to the “Ob” fields as the observation window. I finally realized that my coworker was trying to view a PDA that contains a list of CV’s. She wanted to load the CV= field from the PDA being displayed, as we do when placing a field on the map. I explained that this wasn’t possible. Sorry for the confusion.