Manager Questions

Hi,
I want to know whether is it possible to monitor Adapter Notifications in Manager v6.1.5.

Also how can i monitor connection between Integration Server and Broker Server in Manager v6.1.5.

Thanx in advance,
Ramnish.

Hi Ramnish,

did not get your question here very well. What you really want to do is, to send an alert when the adapter goes down or a broker goes down?

Based on your previous posts, you use EnterpriseDCA and not OMI DCA. Am I right?

Hi chirag,
See we can configure any Adapter Notifications say for e.g. JDBC Insert Notification. So i want to know how can i monitor it using Manager. I am using JDBC Adapter v6.0.3 on IS v6.1. I may like to know how it is done using both DCA’s.

Now we normally configure a Broker on IS admin page to associate an IS with a particular Broker Server. So there has to be connections between the 2 which are used for fetching documents from the Broker Server by the IS. So i want to know how can i monitor this Connection by using Manager.

I hope now i am clear enough.
Thanx and Regards,
Ramnish.

Hi,

The connection to Broker from IS should appear under the broker clients in Enterprise DCA, if you are using OMI, select the client by using Manager Server->Broker Servers->Brokers->Select your broker -> Select the client that you need to manage as custom adapter, manager custom Adapter…

OMI can help you see the Adapters (ART), as such.

Hey Chirag,
Thanx a lot for your explanations. Thanx for telling how to monitor the connection by using both DCA’s.

But what about Adapter Notifications?? Is there a way out for this too??

Thanx and Regards,
Ramnish.

Well, I haven’t figured that out yet. That’s probably because I don’t have any integrations on WM6 yet.

Notifications normally lead to a trigger, So a part of it can be monitored by looking at The client it would create at the broker.