Maintaining alarm name after alarm clear

is there a way to maintain original alarm name after its clear instead of becoming “Geofence alarm cleared”?

I’m not exactly sure what you mean by alarm name. Usually clearing an alarm will only affect its status. There is no need to update any other properties like type or text at the same time. You can refer to the API documentation here: Cumulocity IoT - OpenAPI Specification

I mean when you create a geofence smart rule, after selecting the values (on entering or on leaving/ alarm type etc…) it is required to fill an input called Text - For example: ‘Productive zone Geofence in’
when an this geofence creates an alarm, the Title of the alarm showing in alarm list is Productive zone Geofence in’ in our example. And when the opposite event (‘Productive zone Geofence out" in our example) the alarm of "Productive zone Geofence in’" is updated from active to cleared and also the Title of the alarm becomes “Geofence alarm cleared” instead of “Productive zone Geofence in’”

my request is to have a way to keep the title as it is “Productive zone Geofence in’” even after this alarm clear, is it possible?

Hi @bdm

can you send an example? Normally the text of an alarm will stay like it is and only the status will change to “cleared”. If the text is changed it might be so because some rule is changing the text. You can easily create your customized rule using analytics builder and the available examples / templates.

I believe it has always worked this way, but if you expand the cleared alarm then you see more information (but not the original text).

What version of c8y are you using?

Yes exactly, thats the issue that we are facing, we have multiple productive zones so the alarm is c8y_Geofence_Productive_zone for all of them in order to facilitate the analytics builder model while the corresponding productive zone name is for example: Store#1-IN. so when the alarm is generated I can see that the alarm name is Store#1-IN but when this alarm is cleared by the opposite one (Store#1-OUT) then the name of this ‘Store#1-IN’ alarm becomes ‘Geofence alarm cleared’ but It is still valuable to maintain ‘Store#1-IN’ after the clear to know in which c8y_Geofence_Productive_zone this construction worker was exactly, is there a solution for this?

BACKEND: 1020.296.0
UI: 1016.0.170

kind reminder

The update of the alarm text to Geofence alarm cleared is set by the core service, which is responsible for processing all the SmartRules. This behavior can only be changed by R&D and the product team.

As Christian said, this is core functionality. any change to this should be via a Feature Request. Thinking around the problem, maybe an Analytics builder model could be used to detect the clearing of an alarm and either update the alarm with the necessary text, or create a descriptive event that the alarm was cleared.

This has been the behavior for quite some time and would be hard to change without breaking other customers.

Would request you log an enhancement