Left Nav / Right Nav shell section skin properties

there doesn’t seem to be skin properties for the Left-Nav / Right-Nav shell sections.

For example I want a shell where the left 30% is shaded and contains an application menu. The remiander of the page should be un-shaded

How can I do this

Hi,

One of our devs gave the following suggestion:

The best approach for this is to apply the standard header/footer css classes (banner, nav, nav2, nav3, foot, foot2, foot3) to rows/columns/portlets in the leftnav or rightnav (via the CSS Class layout property on a row/column/portlet when page editing the leftnav/rightnav shell section). You can customize the foreground and background colors for each of these css classes with the skin editor, where the “nav” property is the foreground color for the “nav” class and “nav-bg” is the background color for the “nav” class; “nav2” is the foreground color for the “nav2” class and “nav2-bg” is the background color for the “nav2” class; etc.

An (very old) example of this is the hal shell (where the leftnav uses the “banner” css class), which you can view on your local mws with the following url:

http://localhost:8585/folder.public?shell=shell.wm_shell_hal&skin=skin.hal.orange

Thanks,
Thomas

Thanks for the reply, I’m using many (if not all) of the css classes already for the header/footer. I’ll see if I have an empty one.

Is there any plans to make separate classes as part of the product?

Is there any way to create classes that are editable by the skin editor?

Would the next best alternative be create CSS using and import it?

Kind regards Niall

This is a test reply from Admin.
Please ignore.