JMS Error

I am using pub.jms.send to push the messages to a topic. Created a non transactional alias on JMS Settings page with Create Connection Using NATIVE webMethods API.

I am getting following error when tried to push the messages on topic in a short time period. I do not get the error if tried to push the messages less often. Is there any configuration that I can set to increase the JMS related resources to over come this error?

com.wm.app.b2b.server.jms.ResourceUnavailableException: javax.jms.JMSException: [BRM.10.4008] JMS: Lost connection to Broker

First install latest PubSub_Fix and Broker fixes in your environment.

If you still have the problem, enable IS Logging facility “0134 - JMS Subsystem” to TRACE, and check the error log.

Regards

i am also facing the same issue ,

com.wm.util.BasisException: javax.jms.JMSException: [BRM.10.4008] JMS: Lost connection to Broker ,
com.wm.app.b2b.server.jms.ResourceUnavailableException: javax.jms.JMSException: [BRM.10.4001] JMS: No response from Broker "Broker

So this is also kind of fix we need to do to broker level?
Any one can confirm this asap?Thanks.

Hi Sakthi,

As per Error Message Guide,

BRM.10.4001 No response from Broker “”.
Cause: The client failed to receive a response from the Broker within the Broker timeout value because either
the Broker stopped running, there was a network outage, or the Broker was too busy to respond.
Response: Verify that the Broker is running and there is network connectivity. You can increase the Broker
timeout value by setting the com.webMethods.jms.brokerTimeout System property.

It seems your broker configuration is not correct, if broker is up and running. Verify the Broker configuration details in your JMS configuration.

HTH.

Thanks,
Rankesh

Hi Sakthi,
Please follow Rankesh suggestion… Also, you could enable ‘Producer Caching’ on the JMS connection that you have created, which will help you to use objects from the cache instead of creating every time.

Regards
Senthil

Hi Senthil,

we have verified network connectivity between broker and IS ,everything fine.and restarted the broker server and IS as well.looks like the broker queue is building up,the messages not at all processing.we have verified broker trigger as well.it was active. Any idea?

Such issues happens intermittently, hence in an ideal situation you would find IS and Broker running without any issue. Even if there is a network packet level drop at times, you will see IS not able to connect to Broker error message at that moment, and the next second once the packets flows normally, IS and Broker will talk to each other again. This would need network team involvement…

To overcome this situation right now, can you enable the ‘Producer caching’ on your JMS connection and give min and max connections at (0 and 250)? Do not specify any Destination name as let it take all Destinations that work on that JMS connection.

If you see messages getting queued in Jms trigger client queue and triggers not picking the message, this issue is different.

Regards
Senthil

Hi Senthil,

i agree with your points interms of network problem,the thing is in broker only 1 queue is keep on building up the message,and the queue size looks like above 5000 documents.keep on size is increasing.the issue happening from past 1 week .even we cleared the queues,but still e queue size is growing,and rest of the queues in same broker are fine.the issue happening for only specific broker queue.

Hi Sakthi,

If broker document is getting queued up in queue, it means the subscriber(s) of that queue has/ve a problem. To investigate further can you please

1. browse the queue and check the document details.
  2. check the trigger settings like filter condition, Trigger queue, Message Processing, Trasient Error Handling, expire after.

HTH.

Thanks,
Rankesh

Sakthi,
The problem that you are facing has nothing to do with network as it is happening for one specific trigger queue and I assume other are working fine. Issue here is pub/sub with trigger filters and subscription. Remove the filter and see if you can subscribe the message from the subscription service. Also let us know the filter condition that you have kept. You should be able to see sessions on the client queue if there are any associated subscription triggers for that TOPIC.

Regards
Senthil

Hi Senthil,

Thanks for your reply, looks like the issue happening in Pre prod in the recent days,in earlier it was wrking fine.
and it is wrking fine in PROD .no such error we seen in PROD logs.

we have verify the trigger ,there is no filter condition is thre,
we will the document details in the queue and let you know the further details Rankesh:)

i had a doubt on the below tthig,

[b]
First install latest PubSub_Fix and Broker fixes in your environment.

If you still have the problem, enable IS Logging facility “0134 - JMS Subsystem” to TRACE, and check the error log.
[/b]

I didnt understand this, what kind of fix we need to do in broker level? and i had a doubt How it creates the problem?

Appericate your reply!

Regards,
Sakthi