JMS connection needs to refresh while receive transaction from JMS queues.

Hi Folks,

Your help is needed again.

one of our JMS connection is not receiving transaction from the source system but if we refresh the connection (enable/disable) then transaction is receiving.
We are using below settings while defining JMS connection

Enable Connection Pooling true
Minimum Pool Size 0
Maximum Pool Size 10
Pool Increment Size 1
Block Timeout (msec) 1000
Expire Timeout (msec) 1000
Startup Retry Count 0
Startup Backoff Timeout (sec) 10
We are working on WM 8.0.1.0 version.

Did anyone face similar kind of problem earlier?

Thanks,
Kuldeep

Provide more information like Connection Types, Adapter Services, IS fix levels etc…

Did you restart the IS?

Hi Mahesh,

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, we restarted server recently. Same problem occurred in January this year but that time we refresh the connection 1 time and was working fine since then.
But now we refreshed the connection 2-3 time but still problem is coming.
Issue is coming in JMS connection. Latest fix IS_8.0_SP1_Core_Fix27 is installed in our server. DequeueTextMsg is service name.

Thanks,
Kuldeep

At this point of time I can only suggest you to contact SAG global support with the required details…

Lets see what others comment!

Hi Kuldeep,

just some additional questions:

Which mechanism are you using for connection to JMS?

• WmJMSAdapter
  • IS Build-In functionality

The first one is considered deprecated, the second one has been introduced in wM Suite 7.x.

Which JNDI-Server/JMS-Server are you connecting to?

Regards,
Holger

Hi Holger,

We are using IS Build-In functionality to create JMS connection and working on webMethods 8.0.1.0
Latest fix is installed IS_8.0_SP1_Core_Fix27.

Followig are details for JMS connection.
Connection Type: JMS Adapter QueueConnection
JNDI Initial Context Factory:: weblogic.jndi.WLInitialContextFactory

I am suspecting whenever we are restarting server then we need to take JMS connection refresh to send/receive message from JMS queue.

Please let me know if you required more details.

Thanks,
Kuldeep

Hi Kuldeep,

in this case I can not assist as we are not using WebLogic but Broker-based JMS/JNDI (via WmJMSNaming).

I am sorry for that.

Regards,
Holger

I suspect issue may be wth JNDI. Did you check anything suspicious in logs ? How frequently you are observing this behaviour ?

Thanks,

Hi Kuldeep,
When you say, you are restarting the server for maintenance, are you restarting both IS and Broker.

Always restart the Broker first, and Integration Server next. The point is, make sure when IS is restarted, it can access the Broker server.

If your Broker server is down, and IS is restarted, the JMS triggers will be in suspended state as it cannot access JNDI objects when it comes up. You have to disable, and enable the trigger only then it will create a client queue for the trigger, and send/receive would work.

HTH
Senthil

Thanks Mates for your reply.

We have asked with webLogic application team to monitor JMS queues. We are suspecting that we are not receiving transactions from JMS server during that specific time.

Thanks,
Kuldeep

Kuldeep,

Update the forum if webLogic team gives any comments or when you encountered this issue once again.

Thanks,

Thanks Mate.

Problem was related with JMS queue. Sometime it gets hang. Now they are building monitoring service which will monitor JMS queue and heartbeat of JMS connection.

Regards,
Kuldeep