JDE Adapter

hi,
i have two jde adapters on the same installation of webMethods 411. as we are aware the jas.ini file maintains the IP address:port of the jde server installation, but i have to connect one jde adapter to say 192.100.1.1:8001 and another jde adapter to 192.200.1.1:9001.

how will i modify the jas.ini file to include both these ip:port and have both these adapters running concurrently while pointing to these two separate installations of jde.

thanks,
sharath.

We have done this by starting each adapter process in a different working directory. As the adapter looks for JAS.INI in the current directory, this allows us to run multiple environments.

To start each adapter in a separate directory, we added a “cd” command into the beans_adapter script, just after the “cd $activeHome” statement, and before the CLASSPATH assignment (approx line 424). We use the contents of $progArgs to decide which directory to “cd” to – in our case we make the decision based on the broker name (second word of $progArgs), but could for instance use the adapter name (first word of $progArgs).

We also add our custom JAR files to CLASSPATH with relative file names, for the same reason – we can then run different JARs in each directory/environment.

Hope this helps!
Michael Lemaire

You will have to create two different jas.ini

And add in the Java Tab the following info for the JVM options

Adapter 1
-Dconfig_file=X:\�webMethods�\JDE\JAS\jas1.ini

Adapter 2
-Dconfig_file=X:\�webMethods�\JDE\JAS\jas2.ini

JFN

You will need to make sure that the [EVENTS] ports are pointing to seperate ip ports.

i.e.
for jas1.ini:
[EVENTS]
port=6002

for jas2.ini
[EVENTS]
port=6004