JDBCODBC Bridge Driver to MS Access

Has anyone had any luck connecting a JDBC adapter to Microsoft Access using the JDBC-ODBC Bridge Driver? I can get the adapter to start, but when I go to creat a configured operation I get the following error:

Could not get a list of schemas
java.sql.SQLException: [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver]Optional feature not implemented

Thanks,
Tom

I’m not sure if this is what you’re looking for but I do have webMethods sitting on a UNIX machine that remotely calls webMethods sitting on a MS 2000 machine which is attatched to the LAN. I do make db calls to MS Access utilizing the JDBC-ODBC Bridge.

In order to do this I had to set up a ODBC connection through Control Panel/Administrative Tools/Data Sources (ODBC), create a System DSN, give it a Data Source Name and make your database selection. In webMethods (on 2000 machine) set up a db alias where the db url is jdbc:odbc:data source name and db driver is sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver at this point you should be able to connect to Access.

I hope this helps.

Chris,

Thanks for your message. I actually have that exact setup that your describing but I’m still getting the same error. I created a DSN to an Access DB called testDB on my C: drive. Then through Adapter Manager, I configured an Adapter with the sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver as the JDBC driver and jdbc:odbc:testDB as the Connection URL. When I go to create a Configured Operation through EI, in the Table Select box it just says the following:

current catalog …
C:\testDB

But no tables show up. When I flip back to Adapter Manager, I see the error I mentioned in my original message. Do I need to put something in the Add to Classpath field or something?

Thanks,
Tom

The only thing I can suggest is through webMethods UI, click on Database, add an alias, after you save it, click on the Connect button to test the connection (if you haven’t done this already). At least you will have tested it from webMethods server through the bridge to the database. Unfortunately I do not have the other components that you have and thus do not go through the same method so I can’t help you there, sorry.