JDBC Stored Procedure

I am trying to call a stored Procedure form JDBC Adapter 6.0.1 and I am returned:

com.wm.pkg.art.error.DetailedServiceException: [ART.117.4002] Adapter Runtime (Adapter Service): Unable to invoke adapter service AodsJdbc.DatabaseServices.osqwautg.StoredProcedures:sp_PivotHistoryReadings.
[ADA.1.316] Cannot execute the SQL statement “{call aods.dbo.sp_PivotHistoryReadings (?, ?, ?, ?, ?) }”. "
(HY000/7391) [Microsoft][SQLServer 2000 Driver for JDBC][SQLServer]The operation could not be performed because the OLE DB provider ‘MSDAORA’ was unable to begin a distributed transaction." [Microsoft][SQLServer 2000 Driver for JDBC][SQLServer]The operation could not be performed because the OLE DB provider ‘MSDAORA’ was unable to begin a distributed transaction.
at com.wm.pkg.art.ns.AdapterServiceNode.invokeService(AdapterServiceNode.java:618)
at com.wm.pkg.art.ns.ARTNSService.baseInvoke(ARTNSService.java:46)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.ServiceManager.invoke(ServiceManager.java:339)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.comm.DefaultServerRequestHandler.handleMessage(DefaultServerRequestHandler.java:85)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.HTTPMessageHandler.process(HTTPMessageHandler.java:167)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.Dispatch.run(Dispatch.java:203)
at com.wm.util.pool.PooledThread.run(PooledThread.java:105)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:479)

Can anyone tell me what this error means?

(I have a simple stroed procedure that works fine… same server same database, different tables)

Thanks