JDBC Pools

Hi ,
I am getting following error while trying create a JDBC pool for TN.
Test of Reporting Failed
[wm-cjdbc34-0042][Oracle JDBC Driver]Error establishing socket to host and port: XX.XXX.XXX.XXX:5555. Reason: Connection refused

I could be able to login to oracle database with given user name and password.
I have set URL as follows.

Alias Name TN_Pool
Alias Description
Associated Driver Alias DataDirect Connect JDBC Oracle Driver
Database URL jdbc:wm:oracle://xx.xxx.xx.xx:5555;SID=wmoracle
User Id wmoracle
Password *****
Minimum Connections 1
Maximum Connections 10
Idle Timeout 60000 milliseconds

Could you please help me to solve this problem.
Thanks in advance.

-sreenivas

Oracle uses port 1521 by default. While this can be changed, I doubt 5555 is the correct value.

Mark

Hi Mark,
Thanks for the reply. We are using oracle deault port 1521 only. But still we are getting the above problem. We are unable to trace problem what could be the reason. Pls help to solve this problem.

Thanks,
sreenivas

someone had this same problem before.why not search it in these forums?

Can you check whether you can access Oracle from some other client application like TOAD/iSQL.

Also check whether firewall settings on your Oracle machine are prohibiting access from other machines

The URL that you posted in your first message specified a port of “5555”. This will not work if your Oracle instance is using the default port of 1521.

Mark

I am using 1521 port only. I could able to connect oracle data base using telnet with the given username and pwd.

Paste your connection settings here again. Just a side note, this is a very common task and works well once configured properly.

Hi Srinivas,
You wrote “I could able to connect oracle data base using telnet with the given username and pwd.”

Try to connect to Oracle DB using SQLPlus using the DB userID and Password and use that DB userID in your JDBC Pool and NOT the telnet i.e. unix userID.

HTH,
-Bhawesh.

Hi Srinivas,

As per your earlier posts your databse is running on port 1521
Then why are you trying to connect to DB on port 5555 as specified in the DB url?

Yogesh