JDBC pool error

Hi,

When I am testing JDBC pools, always getting below error and it is intermittent. Can anyone help me on this?

[sag-cjdbc42-0011][Oracle JDBC Driver][Oracle]Connection refused, (DESCRIPTION=(TMP=)(VSNNUM=169869568)(ERR=12516)(ERROR_STACK=(ERROR=(CODE=12516)(EMFI=4))))

Regards,
Satish Devineni

Connection refused normally indicates that the host is available but nothing is listening on port being connected to. DB down at the time?

1 Like

DB server is up and running . For every 5 min db is disconnecting and connecting to IS server.

Satish

Let’s be sure to be clear: the DB does not connect/disconnect from IS. IS connects to the DB.

What are the adapter connection settings? What are the settings on the DB related to session timeout?

But before exploring those items more closely, focus on the “Connection refused” part of the error. That means that IS reached out the DB server and the DB server indicated “nothing is listening at that port.” Check network level things that may be the cause of that.

Hi Reamon,

Earlier IS is connecting to my db(installed on local machine). All jDBC pools tests are successful.Suddenly it is stopped working. It is a intermittent error. If it would be a network error, it should not work earlier also.

Pool Settings:

[TABLE=“class: tableView”]
[TR]
[TD=“class: evenrow, bgcolor: #F0F0E0, align: right”]Alias Name[/TD]
[TD=“class: evenrow-l, bgcolor: #F0F0E0”]ProcessAudit[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD=“class: oddrow, bgcolor: #E0E0C0, align: right”]Alias Description[/TD]
[TD=“class: oddrow-l, bgcolor: #E0E0C0”]ProcessAudit pool[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD=“class: evenrow, bgcolor: #F0F0E0, align: right”]Associated Driver Alias[/TD]
[TD=“class: evenrow-l, bgcolor: #F0F0E0”]DataDirect Connect JDBC Oracle Driver[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD=“class: oddrow, bgcolor: #E0E0C0, align: right”]Database URL[/TD]
[TD=“class: oddrow-l, bgcolor: #E0E0C0”]jdbc:wm:oracle://localhost:1521;serviceName=xe[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD=“class: evenrow, bgcolor: #F0F0E0, align: right”]User Id[/TD]
[TD=“class: evenrow-l, bgcolor: #F0F0E0”]Process_Audit[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD=“class: oddrow, bgcolor: #E0E0C0, align: right”]Password[/TD]
[TD=“class: oddrow-l, bgcolor: #E0E0C0”]*****[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD=“class: evenrow, bgcolor: #F0F0E0, align: right”]Minimum Connections[/TD]
[TD=“class: evenrow-l, bgcolor: #F0F0E0”]0[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD=“class: oddrow, bgcolor: #E0E0C0, align: right”]Maximum Connections[/TD]
[TD=“class: oddrow-l, bgcolor: #E0E0C0”]100[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD=“class: evenrow, bgcolor: #F0F0E0, align: right”]Idle Timeout[/TD]
[TD=“class: evenrow-l, bgcolor: #F0F0E0”]60 milliseconds[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

Regards,
Satish

An Idle Timeout of 60 milliseconds is far, far too short. I’m not sure if it is the cause of the symptom you’re seeing but it definitely should b increased. With the current setting the connection pool is more or less not pooling. As soon as the DB interaction completes for a given action (e.g. select, insert, etc.) the connection will be closed–you may be causing “session thrashing” which is rather impolite to do to a DB.

Increase the idle timeout to be a minute or 2 shorter than the session timeout that is configured on the DB side. If the DB does not have a timeout configured, an idle timeout of 10 minutes should be reasonable.

Hi Reamon,

I have figured out the issue. I have deployed the environment to connect to Analytic engine. But when I start the analytic engine(java wrapper) it is throwing connection refused error. But db pool configurations are correctly configured and the tests are passed in MWS DataBase Pool configuration. Any suggetions how to rectify this issue?

The setting shown at earlier post is from IS → Setting–>JDBC Pools

Have you done your setup in MWS at Administrator–>System-Wide–>Environments–>Define Environment??
make sure [the tab-MAP DB Pools] has chosen the correct Pool (which being define in WMS-Database Pool Configuration ). Validate it and deploy…