JDBC Connection pool issue question..

We are noticing some issues with the 6.0.3 JDBC Adapter. It deals with the Connection Pooling functionality not returning closed connections to the pool. Our TOTAL CONNECTIONS and BUSY CONNECTIONS increment, but never decrement.

Our connection parm are:
NO_TRANSACTION
Enable Connection Pooling true
Minimum Pool Size 0
Maximum Pool Size 30
Pool Increment Size 1
Block Timeout (msec) 6000
Expire Timeout (msec) 6000
Startup Retry Count 1
Startup Backoff Timeout (sec) 10

Any idea why this is happening… we are running out of connections JDBC pool is not releasing the connections…

Thank you.

Are you using Microsoft SQL Server 2000 with the latest SQL Server drivers from Microsoft? We are facing the same issue as well as are getting help from wM Tech Support for a fix.

Hello,

We have a problem with our JDBC Adapter. Sometimes the pool doesn’t have a connection available for requests.

Our connection param are :
NO_TRANSACTION
Enable Connection Pooling : true
Minimum Pool Size : 0
Maximum Pool Size : 50
Pool Increment Size : 1
Block Timeout (msec) : 20000
Expire Timeout (msec) : 90000
Startup Retry Count : 0
Startup Backoff Timeout (sec) : 10

When I launch the service getConnectionStatistics from wmART package (to see the traffic of a JDBC Adapter), we have
in TotalConnections value : 19
and the TotalMisses value increases

Why number in TotalConnections value doesn’t grow upto 50 ( Maximum Pool Size) when the BusyConnections value is also 19?

Thanks

Jerome

I m getting this error when I m trying to enable JDBC Pooling Notifications for Packages.[ART.116.3038] Adapter Runtime (Notification): Error in Notification Callback:enableCallback notification packagename.adapterServices:InsertNotification.[ADA.1.114] The database objects for “packagename.adapterServices:process_InsertNotification” notification already exist. You can delete the objects and try enabling the notification again. To delete the existing database objects use the “pub.pollingNotificationUtils:dropDatabaseObjects” service.

What is this mean, what needs to be done…

thanks in advance.
bye