JDBC Adapter Licensing

Currently, we are only using the JDBC adapter to connect to a single Oracle database server. However, we are getting ready to implement an integration project that will involve a DB2/AS400 database. I was wondering if any of you knew whether webMethods requires us to acquire a separate license for each type of database server. In other words, will I have to purchase an extra JDBC adapter license to connect to DB2?

We are currently running IS 6.0.1 with the JDBC adapter of the same version.

Thanks,
Percio Castro

Percio,

Actually the same JDBC Adapter will work for connecting different Databases like (oracle,SQL Server,DB2/AS400,Informix etc…)

So no need of getting seperate license.

HTH,
RMG.

RMG,

Thank you for your quick response. That’s exactly what I thought too, but our webMethods contact told us otherwise, which made me want to confirm with other users.

I’ll contact him again and try to clarify the confusion.

Thanks,
Percio Castro

i am a newbie to wm so can any one help me to fix my problem.i have to configure a new jdbc adapter connection but it is giving an error as

Error encountered
[ART.118.5042] Adapter Runtime (Connection): Unable to enable connection resource sreebhushan:naju.
[ART.118.5036] Adapter Runtime (Connection): Unable to configure connection manager.
[ADA.1.200] The JDBC DataSource class “oracle.jdbc.pool.OracleDataSource” cannot be located.
oracle.jdbc.pool.OracleDataSource

how can i configure a new jdbc adapter to my oracle database

Hi sreebhushan, you normally get this error when you dont have the JDBC drivers installed. To ensure this error wont happen again, you copy the “classes12.zip” file from your oracle installation to “INTEGRATION_SERVER\lib\jars” directory. Then restart your Server and things will work now. For different database use the appropriate JDBC Drivers. I hope this helps you.

Regards,
Ramnish.

hi ramnish ,thanx for ur response
i did that but and i have given the datasource classname as oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver
but i now get the follwoing error message

Error encountered
[ART.118.5042] Adapter Runtime (Connection): Unable to enable connection resource sreebhushan:naju.
[ART.118.5036] Adapter Runtime (Connection): Unable to configure connection manager.
oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver

do i need to install any ADK or is this because of wrong datasource class.this datasource class works for my java programs trying to access oracle

Use oracle.jdbc.pool.OracleDataSource as your data source class. For other supported databases, you can consult the JDBC Adapter User’s Guide.

• Percio

I need to connect webMethods with 3 databases. Can anyone give me an advise?

Henk

Hi Henk,

You would have to make separate adapter connections for each database.

Then you could use the adapter templates (select,insert…) provided by wM for your db queries for each adapter connection.

Cheers,
Jimmy