JDBC Adapter Connection Error for Oracle 10 XE

Hi All,

I am facing the following issue when I am trying to configure a JDBC Connection

Error encountered
[ART.118.5042] Adapter Runtime (Connection): Unable to enable connection resource Example:Example.[ART.118.5063] Adapter Runtime (Connection): Unable to start connection Example:Example: after 1 attempt(s).[ART.118.5036] Adapter Runtime (Connection): Unable to configure connection manager.[ADA.1.204] Cannot connect to the database with DataSource class “oracle.jdbc.pool.OracleConnectionPoolDataSource”.Io exception: Got minus one from a read callConnection Settings are as follows:-Connection Properties
Transaction Type NO_TRANSACTION
DataSource Class oracle.jdbc.pool.OracleConnectionPoolDataSource
serverName 127.0.0.1
user XYZ ( user has full DBA Access)
password ****
Retype password ****
databaseName XE
portNumber 8080
networkProtocol tcp
Other Properties serviceName=Xe;driverType=thin
Connection Management Properties
Enable Connection Pooling true
Minimum Pool Size 1
Maximum Pool Size 10
Pool Increment Size 1
Block Timeout (msec) 1000
Expire Timeout (msec) 1000
Startup Retry Count 0
Startup Backoff Timeout (sec) 1o

I also have classes12.jar & ojdbc14.jar on the IS/jar folder and
restated the IS. Also verified the Oracle Lister service. I am able to connect using a client.

Can you please suggest what I might be missing :confused:

~Shazzy

Are you sure the port is 8080…I believe you are working on testing the connections to local XE database , unless you change the port, it’s 1521 by default!

other properties : why do you want to define the service name again ? when the connection already asking give the database name!

Hi Prp,
I have configured the XE DB instance for wM on port 8080 . well in spite of removing or keeping the DB name in other properties but nothing seems 2 work.

Warm Regards,
SM

Hi Prp,
I have configured the XE DB instance for wM on port 8080 . well in spite of removing or keeping the DB name in other properties but nothing seems 2 work.

Warm Regards,
SM

Hello Shashank

i guess for Startup Backoff Timeout (sec) you gave “1o” instead of “10”… probably typo… pls correct it and try if thats the case…

Let us know if that works
Chakri

Hi Chakri,

It was a typo error while typing the details on the thread I have verifed the settings as 10 . Still I am facing the same issue.

Warm Regards,
Shashank

Can you try with this datasource class - oracle.jdbc.pool.OracleDataSource

Hello All,

I am trying to enable JDBC adapter connection with Oracle DB which is remotely located (I can access via VPN).

but I am getting the below error when try to enable the adapter connection

Error encountered
[ART.118.5042] Adapter Runtime (Connection): Unable to enable connection resource TestL:TestLOracleDBConnection.
[ART.118.5036] Adapter Runtime (Connection): Unable to configure connection manager.
[ADA.1.204] Cannot connect to the database with DataSource class “oracle.jdbc.pool.OracleDataSource”.
Invalid Oracle URL specified: OracleDataSource.makeURL

I have placed the OJDBC7/14 version of jar file in the IS folder lib/jar and also inside the WMJDBCadapter package.

After restarting the IS also, I am getting the same error.

Please help on this.

Hi Logi,

please check all fields on the connection for leading and/or trailing special characters and remove these.

ojdbc jar is only neccessary under WmJDCBAdapter/code/jars.

Dependend on JVM version you should choose the matching jar file.

Can you provide us the Versions of the JDBC Adapter, the Oracle DB and the jar file?
For the jar file you can find this information in the META-INF/MANIFEST.MF file inside the jar.

Regards,
Holger

Also refer the JDBC adapter guide for setting up and configuration of JDBC adapter.

Thank you Holger, the mistake was with the database name as the error message was generic I got confused, thank you for your time. have a good day.