JDBC Adapter 6.0.3 New connection Configuration Error

Hi
I am using webMethods 6.1 and have installed JDBC adapter 6.0.3 on Windows 2000 Professional
I am getting an error while creating new Connection to Oracle

The error message displayed is
Error encountered
[ART.118.5011] Adapter Runtime (Connection): Unable to create new connection first:conn.
[ART.118.5020] Adapter Runtime (Connection): Unable to process connection properties. Internal error.

I have placed the path of classes12.zip (I have also tried with classes.jar with same error) in the classpath.

The following are the configuration details that i use for creating new connection
Transaction Type Local Transaction
DataSource Class com.jdbc.pools.OracleDataSource
serverName Name of the Oracle server
user uid
password pwd
databaseName pmdb
portNumber 1521
Driver properties driverType=thin

Stack trace is given below

BasicData:message=null,date=Wed May 05 17:37:48 IST 2004,stack=

com.wm.pkg.art.error.DetailedException: [ART.118.5020] Adapter Runtime (Connection): Unable to process connection properties. Internal error.
at com.wm.pkg.art.ns.ConnectionDataNode.xform(ConnectionDataNode.java:302)
at com.wm.pkg.art.ns.ConnectionDataNode.setConnectionProperties(ConnectionDataNode.java:160)
at com.wm.pkg.art.ns.ConnectionDataNodeFactory.createNode(ConnectionDataNodeFactory.java:104)
at com.wm.pkg.art.admin.ARTAdmin.saveConnectionData(ARTAdmin.java:500)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.JavaService.baseInvoke(JavaService.java:287)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.invoke.InvokeManager.process(InvokeManager.java:554)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.invoke.StatisticsProcessor.process(StatisticsProcessor.java:44)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.invoke.ServiceCompletionImpl.process(ServiceCompletionImpl.java:221)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.invoke.ValidateProcessor.process(ValidateProcessor.java:49)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.ACLManager.process(ACLManager.java:194)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.invoke.DispatchProcessor.process(DispatchProcessor.java:39)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.AuditLogManager.process(AuditLogManager.java:384)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.invoke.InvokeManager.invoke(InvokeManager.java:486)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.invoke.InvokeManager.invoke(InvokeManager.java:359)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.ServiceManager.invoke(ServiceManager.java:246)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.ServiceManager.invoke(ServiceManager.java:128)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.ns.Namespace.invoke(Namespace.java:533)
at com.wm.util.template.Reporter.invoke(Reporter.java:963)
at com.wm.util.template.InvokeToken.eval(InvokeToken.java:75)
at com.wm.util.template.TemplateToken.evalChild(TemplateToken.java(Compiled Code))
at com.wm.util.template.SwitchToken.evalChild(SwitchToken.java:90)
at com.wm.util.template.TemplateToken.eval(TemplateToken.java(Compiled Code))
at

BasicData:errorResourceBundleName=com.wm.pkg.art.i18n.resources.AdapterRuntimeResourceBundle,errorMessageArgs=[0]first:conn,errorCode=118.5011,pipeline= >>>THIRDPARTYCOPYRIGHTURL=

Copyright � 2003 by webMethods, Inc. All rights reserved, including the right of reproduction in whole or in part in any form.
, RELEASENOTEURL=/WmJDBCAdapter/ReleaseNotes.html, jcaSpecVersion=1.0, adapterVersion=6.0.3, description=JDBC Adapter, displayName=JDBC Adapter, vendorName=webMethods, helpsys=/WmJDBCAdapter/doc/OnlineHelp/wwhelp.htm?context=Help&topic=JDBC;C_About, action=saveConnection, actionList=[0]saveConnection, passwordChange=password, , , , , , , , , , , , , , passwordChangeList=[0]password, , , , , , , , , , , , , , packageName=Gayatri, packageNameList=[0]Gayatri, resourceFolderName=first, resourceFolderNameList=[0]first, resourceName=conn, resourceNameList=[0]conn, .CPROP.transactionType=LOCAL_TRANSACTION, .CPROP.transactionTypeList=[0]LOCAL_TRANSACTION, .CPROP.datasourceClass=com.jdbc.pools.OracleDataSource, .CPROP.datasourceClassList=[0]com.jdbc.pools.OracleDataSource, .CPROP.serverName=infpw000415, .CPROP.serverNameList=[0]infpw000415, .CPROP.user=webMethods61, .CPROP.userList=[0]webMethods61, .CPROP.password=webMethods61, .CPROP.passwordList=[0]webMethods61, PWD.CPROP.password=webMethods61, PWD.CPROP.passwordList=[0]webMethods61, .CPROP.databaseName=pmdb, .CPROP.databaseNameList=[0]pmdb, .CPROP.portNumber=1521, .CPROP.portNumberList=[0]1521, .CPROP.networkProtocol=, .CPROP.networkProtoco

com.wm.pkg.art.error.DetailedServiceException: [ART.118.5011] Adapter Runtime (Connection): Unable to create new connection first:conn.
[ART.118.5020] Adapter Runtime (Connection): Unable to process connection properties. Internal error.
at com.wm.pkg.art.error.DetailedServiceException.create(DetailedServiceException.java:125)
at com.wm.pkg.art.error.DetailedServiceException.create(DetailedServiceException.java:116)
at com.wm.pkg.art.error.DetailedServiceException.create(DetailedServiceException.java:103)
at com.wm.pkg.art.admin.ARTAdmin.saveConnectionData(ARTAdmin.java:517)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.JavaService.baseInvoke(JavaService.java:287)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.invoke.InvokeManager.process(InvokeManager.java:554)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.invoke.StatisticsProcessor.process(StatisticsProcessor.java:44)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.invoke.ServiceCompletionImpl.process(ServiceCompletionImpl.java:221)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.invoke.ValidateProcessor.process(ValidateProcessor.java:49)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.ACLManager.process(ACLManager.java:194)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.invoke.DispatchProcessor.process(DispatchProcessor.java:39)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.AuditLogManager.process(AuditLogManager.java:384)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.invoke.InvokeManager.invoke(InvokeManager.java:486)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.invoke.InvokeManager.invoke(InvokeManager.java:359)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.ServiceManager.invoke(ServiceManager.java:246)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.ServiceManager.invoke(ServiceManager.java:128)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.ns.Namespace.invoke(Namespace.java:533)
at com.wm.util.template.Reporter.invoke(Reporter.java:963)
at com.wm.util.template.InvokeToken.eval(InvokeToken.java:75)
at com.wm.util.template.TemplateToken.evalChild(TemplateToken.java(Compiled Code))
at com.wm.util.template.SwitchToken.evalChild(SwitchToken.java:90)
at com.wm.util.template.TemplateToken.eval(Temp

Warm Regards,
Gayatri Iyer

Hi,

Add following line to the server config folie under Integration Server/config folder.
watt.server.jdbc.driverList=oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver

Place classess111.zip / classess12.zip under Integration Server/lib/jars folder.

Restart the server and check again.

Thanx,
Naresh

I tried that but the error persists.

i even tried reinstalling the jdbc adapter but still the error is same
ART.118.5011] Adapter Runtime (Connection): Unable to create new connection first:conn.

pls help

Hi Gayatri

I am facing the same problem with JDBC Adapter. Have worked out the solution for the same, If yes do let me know
Error:
Error encountered
[ART.118.5042] Adapter Runtime (Connection): Unable to enable connection resource prolianceGlobal.connection:connectWeaas400.
[ART.118.5021] Adapter Runtime (Connection): Unable to process connection properties. Internal error.

Thanks
Amit Jeswani
India
+91-9820821257

Hi,
Are you guys using IS 6.1 or IS 6.0.1 with SPs ? One thing , I could think of is to check your connection properyties and rather delete the old connection and configure the new one. Also make another folder called ‘static’ under the WmJDBCAdapter\code\jars folder and copy ‘ojdbc14.jar’ and ‘classes12.zip’ under that folder. Restart the server and try to configure the new connection then. Lastly if this does not work log and ticket , buit if this is an developemnet environment, I would back out teh JDBC package and then uninstall the WnJDBCAdapter 6.0.3 and then install it freshly. The adapter services etc defined in other pacakages wont get affected.

Hi,

I will try to bring light into some of the informations given above:

please use the latest Driver version available from Oracle TechNet (OTN):
Current Version is Oracle 10g R1 (10.1.0.2).
This will be able to connect to all Oracle 8i, 9i and 10g Databases.

Jar-File should be placed unter /lib/jars.
Remember to use the correct version for your JDK (which the IS running on):
classes111 is for use with JDK 1.1.x
classes12 is for use with JDK 1.2.x and 1.3.x
ojdbc14 is for use with JDK 1.4.x and newer

Do not mix jar files for two different JDKs in one IS Environment.

The DataSource is always “oracle.jdbc.pool.OracleDataSource” or “oracle.jdbc.pool.OracleConnectionPoolDataSource” except for XATransactions, where it is “oracle.jdbc.xa.client.OracleXADataSource”.

When you are using an older Oracle Version (before 8.1.7.x) then you should use the driver jar matching to your Oracle Version as these versions will not be compatible with the new drivers.

Please check all your properties for trailing blanks as these will cause the
makeURL()-Method of the DataSource-Class fail.

Normally there is no need to change any properties of the server config when all other effects has been checked and working.

I hope I could help you a bit.

Regards,
Holger

I also cannot get JDBC access to work with IS 6.1 and SQL Server. Here are the details:

IS version 6.1_FP_1
JDBCAdapter version 6.0.3.0.459
DB Version MS SQL erver 2000 8.00.534

Content of server.cfg file
watt.server.jdbc.driverList=sqlserver.jdbc.driver.SQLServerDriver

Contents of classpath
C:\webMethods61\IntegrationServer\lib\jars\msbase.jar
C:\webMethods61\IntegrationServer\lib\jars\mssqlserver.jar
C:\webMethods61\IntegrationServer\lib\jars\msutil.jar
C:\webMethods61\IntegrationServer\lib\jars\sl53_cj33.jar

Error when starting IS
JDBCConnectionManager: initialization failed for DocumentHistory functional alias, check configuration.

Parameters for JDBC Pools
Alias Name: sqlServerPool
Alias Description
Associated Driver Alias: DataDirect Connect JDBC SQL Server
Database URL: jdbc:sqlserver://localhost:1433;databaseName=wm61;SelectMethod=cursor
User Id: wm61
Password: ***
Minimum Connections: 2
Maximum Connections: 11
Idle Timeout milliseconds: 1000

Error when testing JDBC Pools
Test of ISCoreAudit Failed, No suitable driver

Parameters for JDBC Connection
Transaction Type: LOCAL_TRANSACTION
DataSource Class: com.microsoft.jdbcx.sqlserver.SQLServerDataSource
serverName: localhost
user: wm61
password: ***
Retype password: ***
databaseName: wm61
portNumber: 1433

Error when enabling JDBC connection
Error encountered
[ART.118.5042] Adapter Runtime (Connection): Unable to enable connection resource jdbcTests:sqlConnection.
[ART.118.5036] Adapter Runtime (Connection): Unable to configure connection manager.
javax/sql/DataSource

Hi,

first of all, if using wM 6.1, you should consider upgrading to JDBC Adapter 6.0.3 FP1.

For the Pool-Error:
For wM6.1, this URL is invalid:
jdbc:sqlserver://localhost:1433;databaseName=wm61;SelectMethod=cursor
It should be, which will work on IS 6.0.1 as well:
jdbc:wm:sqlserver://localhost:1433;databaseName=wm61;SelectMethod=cursor

For the Connection-Error:
Add the “SelectMethod=cursor”-Information under otherProperties.

Please check the “About”-page of IS Admin for the appearance of the jar-files.

BTW: The DataDirect driver does not require the native jars from the DBs.

Dont mix normal JDBC-Connections with IS-Internal ConenctionPools, as they work slightly different, i.e. different Drivers.

Regards,
Holger

Hi

I tried everything…i have added classes12.jar in the IS\Lib\jars and also in WmJDBCAdapter\code\jars folder.The JVM ver is 1.3.1.
In the about page I can see the jar files added to the server path.
But still the error remains:
Error encountered
[ART.118.5011] Adapter Runtime (Connection): Unable to create new connection test:Trialconn.
:frowning:

Regards
Gayatri

Add the javaxsql.zip to classpath, This zip is avilable in “…\webMethods61\IntegrationServer\packages\WmJDBCAdapter\code\jars\javaxsql.zip” folder.Restart the machine then it will resolve your issue.

Hello

I tried adding javaxsql.zip to the classpath and i also added it to IntegrationServer\packages\WmJDBCAdapter\code\jars\static folder but the error persists :-((

Regards
Gayatri

Gayatri,

What connection settings are you using with the JDBC adapter? Can you connect to Oracle using your classes12.jar with the same settings from another application? [try DBVisualizer from http://www.minq.se/products/dbvis/index.html ]. What version of the JDBC Adapter are you using? What version of IS?

See chapter 3 of the JDBC Adapter Users guide for details on what connection settings to use.

Also, the classes12.jar should go in IntegrationServer\packages\WmJDBCAdapter\code\jars\ not the “static” directory.

James…

Hi James

I am using IS 6.1 and JDBC adapter 6.0.3.The classes12.jar is also kept in IntegrationServer\packages\WmJDBCAdapter\code\jars directory.
I am using “oracle.jdbc.pool.OracleDataSource” as the DataSource Class and remaining setting as per the documentation.
I also tested the oracle database connection using DBVisualizer and the Connection was successfull.
But still i am getting same error

Error encountered
[ART.118.5011] Adapter Runtime (Connection): Unable to create new connection test:Trialconn.

Regards
Gayatri.

Hi,

did you check your properties for trailing spaces?

If there are any trailing spaces in only one of the properties, the DataSource is unable to build the connect-string correctly.

Please doublecheck your oracle version against the driver-jars version.

Can you please provide actualized Connection Settings and Versions to this thread.

Regards,
Holger

Hi,

There are no trailing spaces…I checked that.

The JVM version is 1.3.1,Oracle version is 8.1.7,IS ver6.1,JDBC Adapter ver 6.0.3 and I am using Oracle thin driver:classes12.jar

Connection Properties :
Transaction Type LOCAL_TRANSACTION
DataSource Class :oracle.jdbc.pool.OracleDataSource
serverName :oracle server name
user :userid
password :pwd
Retype password
databaseName :pmdb
portNumber :1521
networkProtocol :
Other Properties :driverType=thin

Regards
Gayatri.

Gayatri,

Your configuration parameters are ok. I can’t think of many more suggestions for you apart from saying that now is the time to log your issue with webMethods Technical Support and work with them to resolve the issue. If you wanted to just try some things, you could try uninstalling and reinstalling the JDBC Adapter. I presume you have tried creating a completely new connection [and not just edit an old one?]. As Holger suggested, did you verify your classes12.jar was appropriate for your version of Oracle? [I know you have connected ok using DBVisualiser, but may still be worth a look].

Have you checked the IS Server classpath [via the “About” option] to verify no other Oracle JDBC drivers happen to be in your classpath? Another “try it and see” option would be to change your JVM to 1.4.x. Sorry I can’t help more.

James…

What you can also do is write a Java program to connect to the Oracle database using the same driver that you are using in the Integration Server.
If you are able to connect using the Java program then you should open a ticket with WebM Support. If not, then you check your configuration again.
What database version are you connecting to?

Hi ,

I want to connect MSSQL server database using jdbc adapter. Could you please advice me, how to get connection.

Regards
Jeba.R

Jeba,

Connecting to MS SQL is all detailed in the JDBC Adapter Users Guide in the chapter “JDBC Adapter Connections”. You can download this guide from the Advantage Bookshelf. In summary, you will need to use either The Microsoft SQL Server 2000 JDBC Driver [available from Microsofts site], or purchase the DataDirect Connect JDBC 3.2/3.2 Driver for SQL Server.

The documentation details the driver names etc.

James…

You can also try jTDS JDBC Driver. If you are looking for an Open Source Solution for MS SQL Server connectivity (especially if you are connecting to any SQL other then 2000).