JavalangNoClassDefFoundError comibmjvmConstants

Hi,

I was trying to configure JMS Adapter. At the Java tab of Adapter Conf Tool I have added the following class path

C:/wment41/java/jre/lib/ext/ibmorb.jar;C:/wment41/lib/jars/jms.jar;C:/wment41/lib/jars/csicpi.jar;C:/wment41/lib/jars/ejbcontainer.jar;C:/wment41/lib/jars/iwsorb.jar;C:/wment41/lib/jars/j2ee.jar;C:/wment41/lib/jars/jts.jar;C:/wment41/lib/jars/ns.jar;C:/wment41/lib/jars/ras.jar;C:/wment41/lib/jars/ujc.jar;C:/wment41/lib/jars/utils.jar;C:/wment41/lib/jars/websphere.jar;

When I click “Test”, I have got following err msg:

Task: Start adapter process in test mode:

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/ibm/jvm/Constants

I have replaced the java folder in wment41 folder with the java folder from wsdk.

webMethods version 4.6
Java version “1.3.1”

Java™ 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.3.1)

Classic VM (build 1.3.1, J2RE 1.3.1 IBM Windows 32 build cn131-20030618 (JIT disabled))

Adapter version:
package com.wm.adapter.jms;
public class Version {
public static String version = “Version 4.2.0 build16”;
}

And here is the complete message displayed at Errors tab:

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/ibm/jvm/Constants

Because of the errors shown above, this adapter process cannot be enabled! You can only save this entry without enabling it.

Any help on this would be much appreciated.

Cheers,

Pauly

normally “NoClassDefFoundError” means two things. first, there is really no such class … or there is conflict in classes … maybe try take out websphere.jar and try again …

Hi,

Thanks for your response. The cause for the error is that I do not have a jar file that has com.ibm.jvm.Constants.class file. I have tested it after removing websphere.jar from the classpath. I’ve got the same error msg.

Where can I get this particular file. Has anyone come across this kind of error.

Cheers,

Pauly

Hi,

The java folder in wment41 has the contents from wsdk (websphere sdk). And jvm folder in wment41 is from IS46. I have got rt.jar file from webSphere/AppServer/java/jre/lib folder which has com.ibm.jvm.Constants class. I gave the classpath for this and I have got another error message

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError

Because of the errors shown above, this adapter process cannot be enabled! You can only save this entry without enabling it.

Cheers,

Pauly