Issue with SAP Adapter in webMethods 9.6 free trial version

Hi,

I downloaded the webMethods 9.6 free trial version and installed the same.Everything seems and works fine except for SAP adapter.

The following error is the shown under package management for WMSAP package:-

wm.sap.Admin:registerTransactionStore com/wm/adapter/sap/util/Log
wm.sap.Admin:registerLocalConnection WmSAP Adapter: Error on creating new Object: [ART.118.5042] Adapter Runtime (Connection): Unable to enable connection resource wm.sap.internal.cs:emptyConnection. [ART.118.5022] Adapter Runtime (Connection): Cannot create connection wm.sap.internal.cs:emptyConnection. Adapter type WmSAP does not exist.
wm.sap.Admin:registerAdapter com/sap/conn/jco/JCo
wm.sap.Admin:registerRoutingListener com/sap/conn/jco/JCoException

Hence SAP adapter is not displayed under Adapters in the IS page.

Please let me know what needs to be done for the same.

I hope you have the appropriate jars. Refer SAP adapter guide for more info.

Thanks for the info.I understand its the jar file issue.Where do I obtain the jar file, so that I can work some on basics in SAP adapter?

Reg. the jars find the information in SAP adapter installation guide/user guide. Let me know if you have any questions.

The jar files which need to be placed in the server classpath are mentioned below :-

1. sapidoc3.jar
  2. sapjco3.jar

These two jar files can be placed at the following location \IntegrationServer\lib\jars or at the following location \IntegrationServer\packages\WmSAP\code\jars\static.

Note for windows you require to do one more thing that is you have to register one .dll file to the windows registry. The name of the .dll file is sapjco3.dll , this action is only required to be performed on windows system and not required on linux or unix based systems.

The command to execute the .dll file is mentioned below :-
regsvr32 sapjco3.dll , It’s better to place the sapjco3.dll in the WmSAP package only then run this command.

After you have performed all these activities restart your Integration server and the WmSAP package on your server will be activated . Now you will be able to create connections , listeners and Notifications.

1 Like

Thanks Mahesh.Where do I find the jar files ?
As I am not working with any sap clients ,I do not have any source.
Why is that the trial version itself is not providing the jar files?

Do you have access to SAP server? If you don’t have access then its of no use in configuring the SAP adapter. These are 3rd party jars and webMethods does not include them in their product suite. Just like your jdbc driver you have to download from an external source.

sapjco3-platform-. ---- Download from Connectors > SAP Java Connector > Tools and Services >
SAP JCO Release

sapidoc3-. ---- Download from Connectors > SAP Java Connector > SAP Java IDoc Class
Library > SAP Java Base IDoc Class Library