Issue with CSS after upgrade to MWS 99

Hi All,
I have a portlet which uses CSS, Javascript and images from the skin folder. But these files are copied to skin folder after the user accesses the first page from a remote location.The files are directly copied into /deploy/portlet/skin folder.
Include CSS and Include Script controls are configured as /skin/ and /skin/ which worked flawlessly in MWS 8.0

After migrating to MWS 9.9, the rendering of the portlet is failing with

I see the files are getting copied without any issues and I would like to use the same logic.
Can someone please help me figure out a way to solve this issue.
When I put the files in the Portlet and deploy it to the server it works.

Following is the exception on MWS logs.

java.lang.NullPointerException
at java.io.Reader.(Reader.java:78)
at java.io.InputStreamReader.(InputStreamReader.java:97)
at com.webMethods.caf.faces.render.html.output.IncludeScriptRenderer.loadLocalResource(IncludeScriptRenderer.java:107)
at com.webMethods.caf.faces.render.html.output.IncludeScriptRenderer.evalLocalResource(IncludeScriptRenderer.java:84)
at com.webMethods.caf.faces.render.html.output.IncludeScriptRenderer.writeSrc(IncludeScriptRenderer.java:44)
at com.webMethods.caf.faces.render.html.output.ScriptRenderer.encodeEnd(ScriptRenderer.java:29)
at javax.faces.component.UIComponentBase.encodeEnd(UIComponentBase.java:919)
at com.webMethods.caf.faces.component.util.ComponentUtils.renderComponent(ComponentUtils.java:105)
at com.webMethods.caf.faces.component.util.ComponentUtils.renderComponent(ComponentUtils.java:102)
at com.webMethods.caf.faces.component.util.ComponentUtils.renderComponent(ComponentUtils.java:102)
at com.webMethods.caf.faces.view.CafViewDeclarationLanguage.renderResponse(CafViewDeclarationLanguage.java:186)
at com.webMethods.caf.faces.view.CafViewDeclarationLanguage.renderView(CafViewDeclarationLanguage.java:121)
at com.sun.faces.application.view.MultiViewHandler.renderView(MultiViewHandler.java:133)
at javax.faces.application.ViewHandlerWrapper.renderView(ViewHandlerWrapper.java:337)
at com.webMethods.caf.faces.portlet.PortletViewHandler.renderView(PortletViewHandler.java:66)
at javax.faces.application.ViewHandlerWrapper.renderView(ViewHandlerWrapper.java:337)
at com.sun.faces.lifecycle.RenderResponsePhase.execute(RenderResponsePhase.java:120)
at com.sun.faces.lifecycle.Phase.doPhase(Phase.java:101)
at com.webMethods.caf.faces.portlet.PortletLifecycle.phase(PortletLifecycle.java:297)
at com.webMethods.caf.faces.portlet.PortletLifecycle.render(PortletLifecycle.java:240)
at com.webMethods.caf.faces.portlet.FacesPortlet.render(FacesPortlet.java:459)
at com.webMethods.portal.framework.portletcontainer.impl.PortletApplicationHandler.process(PortletApplicationHandler.java:540)
at com.webMethods.portal.framework.portletcontainer.servlet.PortletServlet.service(PortletServlet.java:60)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:790)