Issue in Connecting to JDBC database

Hi,
I encountered the following error while trying to enable the JDBC database connection:

“Error encountered
[ART.118.5042] Adapter Runtime (Connection): Unable to enable connection resource practice:jdbctest.[ART.118.5036] Adapter Runtime (Connection): Unable to configure connection manager.[ADA.1.200] The JDBC DataSource class “oracle.jdbc.pool.OracleDataSource” cannot be located.oracle.jdbc.pool.OracleDataSource”;

The properties which i’ve set are:

Package practice
Folder Name practice
Connection Name jdbctest
Connection Properties
Transaction Type LOCAL_TRANSACTION
DataSource Class oracle.jdbc.pool.OracleDataSource
serverName localhost
user user1
password *****
Retype password *****
databaseName Oracle9i
portNumber 1521
networkProtocol
Other Properties driverType=thin

what should be the databaseName ?? do i need to create a database in Oracle?I’m currently using Oracle9i. should i try changing datasource(driver type) ?i’ve checked that classes12.zip file is there at WmJDBCAdapter\code\jars location.Plz suggest.:cool:

Hi Irshad,

You need to Check the Databasename , by default the database name will be ORCL or it will be the name what you have given while creating/installaing in Oralce.

Thanks
Gouse.

Thnx Gouse.
The issue was resolved by putting the classes.zip (classes.jar) file in \IntegrationServer\lib\jars location and restarting the server. I also corrected the databasename. (The databasename should be the one which was specified while installing the Oracle db ).

Many thanks,
007…