IS not starting producing Java error

Hi, our IS instance is not starting. If I start from the command prompt in the <server> folder using: bin\server.bat -log 10, I get the following error:-

Exception in thread “main” java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/mail/internet/AddressException at com.wm.app.b2b.server.Main.main(Main.java:36).

The BC is running on Win2000 with Sun JDK 1.2.2 and Sun JVM 1.3.1_13
(47.0).

Hope you can guys can help as always.

Thanks,

Steve.

Steve,

I think the mail.jar file may be missing from the classpath. Please check whether this file is in the %BCServer%/lib folder.

Regards,

Koen

Hi there,

I checked the mail.jar file in the lib folder and it exists and is the same size as that on an existing BC system.

Regards,

Steve.

Hi there,

We managed to start the BC system as follows:-

1. The BC repository located in the <server>\WmRepository2 folder was renamed to enable a blank copy to be created .

2. Server logging was increased by modifying the watt.sap.faclist=999 and watt.debug2.faclist=999 server config parameters to enable additional information to be provided in the server.log for resolution.

3. The Sun JDK 1.2.2 was uninstalled.

The system could then be started.

Note, we then re-installed the Sun JDK 1.2.2 and the system was restarted without issue.

If you can guys can assist with a root cause for this issue then I would really appreciate it.

Regards,

Steve.

Steve,
I’m guessing that the Sun JDK 1.2.2 had an implementation of the mail.jar that was conflicting with the mail.jar that webMethods provides. Since the mail API is similar to jms, jdbc etc in that it is not an implementation but a spec that needs an underlying provider which both webMethods and Sun provide, you may have run into a conflict. I’ve seen conflicts with the mail.jar. Check to see if the Sun JDK 1.2.2 has one. Uninstalling it may have changed the class load order so that webMethods mail.jar came first. Just guessing at this point but I have seen it before.

markg
http://darth.homelinux.net