Is it possible to have an ALB route to APIGateway?

Is there a similar solution where I can connect ALB to APIGateway?

I have to expose my API to customers on internet but I can’t expose directly from the account which has AWS Apigateway and APIs on it.

I need to create a VPC endpoint service which will be used by another AWS account which deals with traffic from internet which has WAF, Shield etc.

Trying to see if my account which takes the traffic from internet and then route to APIGW on another account via VPC endpoint service and ALB.

mydomain.mycompany.com/apigateway1/api1 hits my account1 ==> this needs to route to api1 which is deployed on aws apigateway on account 2

mydomain.mycompany.com/apigateway1/api2 hits my account1 ==> this needs to route to api2 which is deployed on aws apigateway on account 2
idea is route all traffic from internet to one account and then use path based routing to hit the right API on the aws apigateway that belongs to another account.

Hi Aadesh,
Can you please elaborate on ALB. But for the use case explained API Gateway comes in 2 licensing formats

API Gateway: Standard Edition. This edition of API Gateway offers only API protection like threat protection and DMZ level features.

API Gateway: Advanced Edition. This edition of API Gateway offers both API protection and mediation capabilities.

More on this can be found in documentation
Product Documentation

Hope this helps in your use case.

Regards.

Thank you all for your supportive reply.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.