IS doesn't always release files

I have noticed that the IS doesn’t always release/close a filestream. If execution goes according to plan then the file is availble for editing but if an exception happens or you terminate the the execution of a service then IS holds on to this file- preventing editing of this file until you restart the service.

This was orignally an annoyance when I was reading in sample data to test my service but now that I am editing JSPs this is huge pain. Has anyone else noticed this.

Platform info:
webMethods Integration Server
Version 6.0.1
Updates IS_6-0-1_SP2
Build Number 425

I definitely notice this as well. If all goes well with your service, the stream closes fine. But if you go to an exception block, I can not pull the stream from the pipeline and close it. For some reason it is changing the type of the stream from java.io.BufferedInputStream to java.lang.String.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

I just figured out my issue. I had a Main/try/catch block. I called getFile in the try block. If an error occurred, i tried to get the variable from the pipeline and close the stream. It wasn’t working. Now I have a:
main
try{
getFile
main
try{
}
catch{
close stream
}
catch

This seems to fix my issue. It’s all about variable declaration.

when you go to the catch block IS does not pass any pipeline content of the try block, that is probably the reason