Recently, I ran into an issue invoking a web service operation provided by a partner who implemented the operation using C# .Net.
When the operation was invoked over HTTPS using pub.client:soapHTTP, the soap response was truncated such that only the line (XML version) was returned.
To attempt to isolate the problem, I confirmed that the .Net operation could be successfully invoked from a third-party web services testing tool (Parasoft SOATest) and that it could be invoked using pub.client:http to post the soap request in string form (as long as http headers were provided for content-type and SOAPAction set to the value specified in the WSDL).
When both of these worked, I contacted WM Support. I was pleasantly surprised that a very knowledgeable and persistent tech services rep researched the issue until he found that this had supposedly been fixed in IS_6-5_SP1_SrvPrtcl_Fix2 but did not work correctly until IS_6-5_SP1_SrvPrtcl_Fix5. (this fix will be included in IS 6.5 SP2.).
I applied the later fix and retested setting the new loadAs parameter to “byteArrayStream”. While this parameter existed in pub.client:soapHTTP previously, it did not exist in pub.client:http until Fix5. The soap response was no longer truncated.
BTW, setting the loadAs parameter to a value of other than “byteArrayStream” will reproduce the original issue. Also, failing to populate the loadAs parm, resulted in a “java.lang.ClassCastException: com.wm.data.ISMemDataImpl” being returned to Developer.