Integration Server Logging DB - How to clear it

What product/components do you use and which version/fix level are you on?

webMethods Integration Server - 10.3.0.0
IS_10.3_SPM_Fix2
IS_10.3_Core_Fix4

Is your question related to the free trial, or to a production (customer) instance?

Production

What are you trying to achieve? Please describe it in detail.

Hello!
I would like to know if there’s a way via application (Integration Server Admin page, for example) to clear old logs from the database vinculated with the IS (this table is in SID “WPB”).
I ask that because the space available in this database is dropping and I would like to delete older data.

I’ve found the tables “WMERROR” and “TB_EAI_LOG” consuming, respectively, 17GB and 5GB with data from 2019 and we don’t need this data anymore.

Please, which is the best way to delete this older data?
Only by direct SQL?
Thanks in advance!

Do you get any error messages? Please provide a full error message screenshot and log file.

No error message

Have you installed all the latest fixes for the products and systems you are using?

No.

Also, one more question:
Is there a way via Integration Server application to check the tablespace utilization history?

Thanks again!

While you wait for responses, please check if this topic interests you, although an old thread, some concepts should still be relevant.

Also tagging @Holger_von_Thomsen , @Gerardo_Lisboa

-NP

2 Likes

Hi Renan,

afaik there is no IS Admin page where the tablespace consumption can be monitored.

Regarding the DB size you can check the Monitor Users Guide for details.
You will require an additional database schema for the Archiving function as well as MWS installed and configured.
Additionally the WmMonitor package needs to be installed to the IS affected and configured.

The mentioned package has Built-In-Services for archiving/deleting for several scopes.
Just choose the DELETE option to remove outdated data instead of transferring it from the original tables to the tables in the Archive schema (option ARCHIVE).

Regards,
Holger

1 Like

Hello!

Thanks for the advices - I will check the “Monitor Users Guide” documentation.

We already have the “WmMonitor” package as you can see below:

And there is a lot of services in those folders.
Please, which one should I execute to DELETE the older data from WMERRORS and TB_EAI_LOG?
We don’t want to ARCHIVE, only DELETE.

In mean time, I will check the topic that @Nagendra_Prasad mentioned and check the Monitor Users Guide.

Thank you all!

Hi Renan,

the services you are looking for are in the wm.monitor.archive folder, you can invoke them from IS Admin when browsing the package contents for WmMonitor.

You will need at least wm.monitor.archive:serviceArchive and wm.monitor.archive:serverArchive for the tables you want to reduce.

Remember to inform your DBA after deleting the data that he should analyse the IS core schema to get the tablespace freed.

TB_EAI_LOG sounds like a custom table to me as I have never heard of such a table in relation with webMethods.
Most likely ths table will not be considered during running the archiving service in DELETE mode.

Regards,
Holger

1 Like

Hello Holger!
Thanks for your advices. I managed to enable My webMethods Archive Audit and I managed to do the “serverArchive” proccess.
But, I’m receiving the following message when trying to execute “serviceArchive” (which deletes data from WMERROR - the biggest table):

Is there anything that I must do to fix this error?

Also, in myWebMethods, there isn’t any DB Pools in “Define Environments” section (is this normal?):

Thanks in advance

Status should be COMPLETE , not COMPLETED , Plz change the status to COMPLETE

Thanks Sridhar for the response. But, unfortunately, the java service only allows me to select “COMPLETED” or “COMPLETED-FAILED” as you can see below:

Also, another issue appeared: After changing some MWS cluster configurations trying to fix MWS’s integration server’s viewing, I started to receive the following the exception in full.log:

!MESSAGE Could not bind a reference of component com.webmethods.portal.system.cluster.impl.ClusterProvider. The reference is: Reference[name = EventSystem, interface = com.webmethods.rtl.event.ecs.IEventContainerSupport, policy = dynamic, policy-option = reluctant, cardinality = 0..1, target = null, bind = bindEventSystem, unbind = null, updated = null]
jvm 1    | 2023-01-19 09:14:22 BRT (ClusterProvider:INFO) [Component Resolve Thread (Bundle 420)] - Activating service
jvm 1    | 2023-01-19 09:14:22 BRT (ClusterProvider:INFO) [Component Resolve Thread (Bundle 420)] - Initializing components of: cluster
jvm 1    | 2023-01-19 09:14:22 BRT (ClusterProvider:INFO) [Component Resolve Thread (Bundle 420)] - JMS ClientID: myhost.mygroup.com.mws.library.3808478770440589312
jvm 1    | 2023-01-19 09:14:22 BRT (PortalException:INFO) [Component Resolve Thread (Bundle 420)] - No registered exception delegate
jvm 1    | 2023-01-19 09:14:22 BRT (ClusterProvider:ERROR) [Component Resolve Thread (Bundle 420)] - null
jvm 1    | com.webmethods.portal.PortalException
jvm 1    |      at com.webmethods.portal.system.cluster.impl.ClusterProvider.registerLocalClusterNode(ClusterProvider.java:778)
jvm 1    |      at com.webmethods.portal.system.cluster.impl.ClusterProvider.init(ClusterProvider.java:394)
jvm 1    |      at com.webmethods.portal.system.impl.BaseProvider.activate(BaseProvider.java:147)
jvm 1    |      at com.webmethods.portal.system.cluster.impl.ClusterProvider.activate(ClusterProvider.java:214)
jvm 1    |      at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
jvm 1    |      at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
jvm 1    |      at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
jvm 1    |      at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)
jvm 1    |      at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.ds.model.ServiceComponent.activate(ServiceComponent.java:235)
jvm 1    |      at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.ds.model.ServiceComponentProp.activate(ServiceComponentProp.java:146)
jvm 1    |      at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.ds.model.ServiceComponentProp.build(ServiceComponentProp.java:345)
jvm 1    |      at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.ds.InstanceProcess.buildComponent(InstanceProcess.java:620)
jvm 1    |      at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.ds.InstanceProcess.buildComponents(InstanceProcess.java:197)
jvm 1    |      at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.ds.Resolver.buildNewlySatisfied(Resolver.java:473)
jvm 1    |      at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.ds.Resolver.enableComponents(Resolver.java:217)
jvm 1    |      at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.ds.SCRManager.performWork(SCRManager.java:816)
jvm 1    |      at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.ds.SCRManager$QueuedJob.dispatch(SCRManager.java:783)
jvm 1    |      at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.ds.WorkThread.run(WorkThread.java:89)
jvm 1    |      at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.util.impl.tpt.threadpool.Executor.run(Executor.java:70)
jvm 1    | 2023-01-19 09:14:22 BRT (ShutdownManager:INFO) [Thread-13] - Shutdown Manager running all shutdown hooks.

Please, is there a way to reset MWS cluster settings or a file where I can set manually cluster configurations to fix this issue?

Thanks in advance!

Hi Renan,

the Environment config shown here only applies when you are using Optimize (for Infrastructure and/or Process).
When you are just want to archive this is not relevant.
Usually I invoke these archiving services manually from IS Admin → Packages → Management or programmatically by using a FlowService being configured as a daily scheduled task in IS.
MWS is only needed for authorization in this case.
Therefore WmMonitor package must be configured to know the MWS instance.

Regards,
Holger

Thanks for the advices @Holger_Von_Thomsen!

But, regarding the above cluster error in MWS, please, do you know how can I proceed?

Thanks again!!

there is a file you can edit for cluster configuration. MWS nodes are automatically added to the cluster if they have correct DB configurations, but they are not automatically deleted. Check the documant below for details.

https://documentation.softwareag.com/webmethods/mywebmethods_server/mws10-15/webhelp/mws-webhelp/index.html#page/my-webmethods-server-webhelp%2Fta-editing_the_cluster.xml_file.html

1 Like

Hi Renan,

the JDBC Pools in “Define Environments” in MWS are only relevant when using Optimize products.

You can try to invoke the archive services directly in IS Admin from Packages → Management.
Go to the WmMonitor package, klick on its name, then you can show the list of services.
Select the archive service you want to execute and choose to test it.
There will be a form which you can fill out similar to filling the inputs in Designer.

When working with BPM (Business Process Models) via ProcessEngine/ProcessRuntime, remember to execute processArchive first to clear the Error Messages with relates to the process instances.
After that execute serviceArchive to clear the Error Messages which do not have a process instance relation.
At last service you can invoke serverArchive to clear the internal data which do neither have process nor service relation.

In IS Admin under Settings you will a find an entry for the JDBC Pools of the IS Admin.

Regards,
Holger

1 Like

Hi,

just noticed some small typos in the previous post:
You should not use the wm.monitor.archive-services directly, it is better to use the pub.monitor.archive-services with the same name (processArchvie, serviceArchive, serverArchive) instead.

Regards,
Holger

Hello Holger!!
I found the following in the logs:

JMX Server started on service:jmx:rmi://[0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0]:5002/jndi/rmi://$
INFO   | jvm 1    | 2023/01/19 08:59:10 |
INFO   | jvm 1    | 2023/01/19 08:59:10 | !ENTRY org.eclipse.equinox.cm 4 0 2023-01-19 08:59:10.497
INFO   | jvm 1    | 2023/01/19 08:59:10 | !MESSAGE Failed to create bean jmxConnector
INFO   | jvm 1    | 2023/01/19 08:59:10 | !STACK 0
INFO   | jvm 1    | 2023/01/19 08:59:10 | java.lang.RuntimeException: Failed to create bean jmxConnector

It seems that the JMX is trying to bing the address on [0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0] - so that’s why the server is going down.

Please, do you know where can I set the JMX binding address?
I found about how to change the binding port, but not for the address.

Thanks again for all your explanations!

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.