Integration Server Clustering

In what scenario we should go for IS clustering ? Any pointers will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Abhishek Anand

Clusters are usually deployed to improve performance and availability over that of a single computer, while typically being much more cost-effective than single computers of comparable speed or availability.[SUP][1][/SUP]

Please read this wiki article in general and same concept works every where not only just webMethods IS and for any web servers

[URL]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Computer_cluster[/URL]

Based on the above you will get some idea and proceed with clustering setup if at all required per your server environment and HA needs which can help ebusiness up and running smooth:

HTH,
RMG

Hi RMG,

Thanks a lot for the quick reply. But I was more interested in understanding the way webMethods IS cluster work and I overheard that in most cases we don’t need IS clustering. So my point of view is when it’s must to go for IS clustering.

Thanks,
Abhishek Anand

Same concept IS cluster also works based on your performance needs…

First of all do you need clustering based on the current performance issues you are facing? So its like a question yourself and setup the cluster environment as needed.Ofcourse I prefer cluster setup in production environment (When one node is down and traffic goes to another node and business works normal)

What is your IS landscape?

HTH,
RMG

Hi RMG,

Actually I am doing a POC to understand IS clustering. I have two IS present in cluster. Now I am trying to figure out when it’s must to go for IS clustering. It may happen that we can get a solution for the same problem without doing clustering (Multiple un-clustered IS instances ). So just wanted to explore what should be the compelling factor to do IS clustering.

Thanks,
Abhishek

All I can say is you need clustering when: To improve performance and availability over that of a single computer, while typically being much more cost-effective than single computers of comparable speed or availability.

So depends your business needs/OS CPU memory landscape/ IS Licensing/environment setup decide on going with wM clustering configuration:

HTH,
RMG

Also read this on-going topic you will draw some lines:

[url]wmusers.com

Thanks a lot RMG.
I got my answers on the thread [URL]wmusers.com

good deal:)