In this step-by-step guide, learn how to integrate your Mailchimp account with Pipedrive and convert your new subscribers into Pipedrive contacts.
- webMethods.io Integration tenant – sign up here for a free trial if you’re new (use the advanced sign up form for more options).
- MailChimp account
- Pipedrive account
- Login to your webMethods.io Integration tenant, create a new project or choose an existing one.
- Go ahead and get started by creating a blank workflow. If you need a refresher on how to get to this point, this guide can be a great introduction.
Click on the small setting icon on the Start step and choose the MailChimp trigger.
Select Subscribe list as a trigger and complete the authorization – connect webMethods.io Integration with your MailChimp account. Select a subscriber list ID from the dropdown menu.
Click Save. You should see the test trigger window.
To test your trigger, you need to perform the trigger action. Open your MailChimp instance and subscribe a contact to the list:
Go back to the webMethods.io Integration workflow and click Test. You should see the output data from the trigger which webMethods.io Integration will use to configure and test the rest of the workflow. Click Done.
- Moving on to the next step - add the Pipedrive connector to the canvas with the drag and drop feature. This automatically connects with the trigger action.
Click on the small settings icon on the Pipedrive connector, select Add person as action and complete the authorization – connect webMethods.io Integration with your Pipedrive account. You will need a Pipedrive API Token which you can find in your Pipedrive personal preferences settings under the API tab.
Now you can proceed with the action configuration – use the incoming data panel on the left and map the subscriber’s details to the fields on the right:
Click Next and then Done.
Connect the Pipedrive connector to the Stop step and don’t forget to save your workflow. You are now ready to test the flow.
You can now run the workflow using the play button in the right upper corner and review the result. If you have configured the workflow correctly, after a couple of seconds you should see the newly created contact in your Pipedrive account:
Now every time a new contact is subscribed to a list in your Mailchimp account, a new contact will be automatically created on your Pipedrive account. Please note that this may take some time.
- At the bottom-left corner of the screen you can find the Execution history of the workflow:
From here you can monitor the execution status and view error details if needed:
Please note that workflow execution logs must be enabled from the workflow execution settings: