I want to Convert string to real number

I am new to webMethods. I am practicing building programs based on MRS sheets for B2B.
in one condition I want to convert string to real number.

I don’t know how exactly to achieve this. I am trying getting values in numeric format in result section but when i write it to the file itshows in following form (5E0) while exact value is 5.0

Hi @aaditya_chandras
It is not clear which are the products/ services that you are using to convert a string to a number.
Please provide more details as mentioned in the question template such as

• Product/components used and version/fix level: The behavior can vary slightly between different versions. Best to mention exact version/fix levels.
  • Detailed explanation of the problem: Please provide a sample flow, that would help in diagnosing the problem faster. How is the data parsed and how is it written to file , etc

There are public services in the WmPublic , refer Built in services guideto loop over documents and convert a string to a number and can write this data to files, you could give them a try.

-NP

2 Likes

What service are you using to convert the string? If this string value is just going to be written to a delimited file, seems like there is no need to convert it to a number object.

FYI, avoid the pub.math:*floats services – floating point arithmetic is to be avoided when accuracy is needed (almost always :slight_smile: ) Those services have been tweaked over the years to try to be better, but they still have cases where there are undesired results returned. (EDIT: not a bug – it is the nature of floating point arithmetic.)

Are you using WmEDI? How was data generated originally?

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.