HTTPS Post with certificate authentica in JAVA

Hi,

I want to do a post to a HTTPS url.
I am the client and i need to post to a webMethods server (wich require a certificate for authentication).

The server requires a certificate for authentication (i think when i see the logging from the server)

[3402]2007-02-13 14:05:31:231 [ISP.0047.0016E] The required client certificate was not provided by /My_IP

I am not using any tool for posting the message, i all have written it in Java-code.
But now comes the issue, i don’t know exactly how to present my certificate for authentication with the webMethods server in my java-code.

I already can connect to the socket, do a handshake without any problems, but when i’m sending data, i received nothing back. So i think my authentication is not succesful done.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Geert.

There should be lots of information on various java related sites about how to write code to present a cert when posting to an HTTPS URL.

I spent 15 seconds on Google and found interesting results using the search string “java https connection”. Who knows what you might find if you invested, you know, some real effort.

Mark

i spend almost 2 weeks on it now, were i think half of the time i’m testing examples from the net.

I searched day in day out, and i don’t find a solution, so i’m posting here to get some reaction from surious people who have expirience in it.

I can send u a lot of code if you want, wich all wont work.

if it was that simple i already found it.

plz any help

Thanks