How to use "Invoke webMethods IS" policy with cloud API Gateway?

What product/components do you use and which version/fix level?

API Gateway Cloud 10.11.0.1.50
webMethods Cloud

Are you using a free trial or a product with a customer license?

Customer license

What are trying to achieve? Please describe in detail.

In API Gateway for my API policies in “Request Processing” stage I would like to invoke “Invoke webMethods IS” policy. Documentation says that the webMethod IS should be installed in the same server as API Gateway. We are using webMethods-io-integration (cloud) and cloud API Gateway. Where is my webMethods IS? Is this policy applicable to API Gateway when it is deployed on Software AG cloud? How do I make my flows services from webMethods-io-integration visible by cloud API Gateway? How about other policies which allow a call to webMethods IS? Are they available with cloud deployment?

Do you get any error messages? Please provide a full error message screenshot and log file.

No

Have you installed latest fixes for the products

Both integration and gateway are running on Software AG cloud. Patches are as recent as Software AG pushed upon us.

1 Like

Hi Miroslav,
In "Request Processing” stage invoke “Invoke webMethods IS” policy will not work in cloud. To invoke webMethods-io-integration FlowServices from Cloud API Gateway, you can convert the FlowServices to APIs in webMethods-io-integration and invoke it via “Custom Extension” policy. Hope this helps.

Regards,
Praba.

1 Like

Does it help? Yes and no. Yes, I have a clear answer. If I expose my workflow via API, I need to provide some secret (password or webhook_key) to access the API and expose the secret inside the policy. I will need to figure out how to deal with the secret multiplication.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.