How to subscribe a document?

Hi all,

I am a beginner to webMethods 6.0.1. Could any one of you tell me how to subscribe a document which is published locally in the Integration Server? I was able to publish the document locally. 

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Prasanna.

Prasanna, have a look at the document “Building Integration Solutions Using Publication” (ISBuildingIntegrations.pdf). You can find it in the directory:
<webMethods_install>\Developer\doc\guides

Look at Chapter 8: Working with Triggers.

Triggers are used in webMethods 6 to subscribe to document.

Have fun!

Regards,

Wayne

Hi Wayne,

Triggers are used to subsribe to documents which are published to a broker. How will it help in subsribing to a document published locally. Even we have a requirement wherein we need to publish a document locally on the IS. But the ISBuildingIntegrations.pdf document does not throw any light on this.

Prassanna, did u have any luck on that.

Cheers,
Gaurav

Hi Gaurav,

Triggers can be used to subscribe the documents that are published to broker as well as locally to IS. The mode of publishing the document may vary depending upon the requirement, but subscribing mode is same for both.

I am able to publish to broker as well as locally to IS and subscribed it using triggers.

What do you say Wayne?

Regards,
Prasanna.

Hi Prassanna,

Can you tell me how you configured the trigger to subsribe to locally published documents.

Gaurav

Hi Gaurav,

There is no separate procedure to configure trigger to subscribe to locally published documents.

Regards,
Prasanna.

Hi Prassana,

This is what i did .

1. Created a simple document type. In the publication properties i have checked that the document type is not publishable to Broker.
  2. when i try to create a trigger it asks me to include a publishable document type

Now this is not possible isnt it since the document type that i created is not publishable to broker because i am publishing it locally.

So this is why i was asking how would u configure a trigger to subscribe to a document type published locally.

Regards
Gaurav

Hi Gaurav,

yes, trigger needs a publishable document type only. So you should check that the document type is publishable in the document type properties. But at the same time, when you are using the publish service to publish the document, make the local parameter as true. This will publish the document locally. Or otherwise don't configure the broker for the IS. This also solves your purpose. This info you can get from <a href="/main.jsp?targChanId=-536882844#536900846">ISBuildingIntegrations.pdf</a> page no. 35, chapter publishing locally.... 

Regards,
Prasanna