How to set the length on the Oauth2 token from invoke/pub.apigateway.oauth2:getAccessToken?

Hi team

My customer using APIGateway 10.15 and they created Oauth2 from API Gateway. when we get the token from invoke/pub.apigateway.oauth2:getAccessToken, such this :

output
{
“access_token”: “710c88b9238e4b208549cd034dbb3a4e3b6dce0b7d96485196dff3c95d1a4089”,
“token_type”: “Bearer”,
“expires_in”: 3600,
“scope”: “OAuthStartegyClient”
}

The question is how we can define the number of bit in the token from the generated results of getAccessToken services ? cause customers have requirements for tokens to be 2048 bit.

I really appreciate your help.

Thanks,
Dimas

1 Like

hi @dimas.prayogo,
As of now there is no option where we can set the bits for access token generation.
Can you please raise the feature request for it and then R&D can look into it.

Regards
Vikash Sharma

1 Like

Hi @Vikash_Sharma1

I could not find the bit length of access token generated by APIGW in our documentation. Could you please share?
and is there any workaround can be implemented for such requirement?

https://documentation.softwareag.com/webmethods/api_gateway/yai10-15/webhelp/yai-webhelp/#page/yai-webhelp%2Fgtw_create_application.html

I think the above would do

1 Like

Hi @Vikash_Sharma1 ,

Noted with Thanks.

I have doubts, Does that mean the access_token from Oauth2 is currently not 2048 bits?
May I ask, how can we ensure the exact number of access_token bits generated by Oauth2 ? because according to customers the number is less than 2048 bits.

Best Regards,
Dimas

hi @dimas.prayogo,
As of now we dont have option where we can configure the number of bits can be specified for token generation.
I would suggest to raise an support ticket so if this can be done from backend R&D team can help you with it.

Regards
Vikash Sharma

1 Like