How to prioritize Adabas commands in CICS processes (online) with Batch processes. In my production

How to prioritize Adabas commands in CICS processes (online) with Batch processes.

In my production environment there are certain days in the month in which many batch processes against Adabas are executed in addition to CICS processes. These days the users of the Cics record excessive delay times compared to days with less consumption of Batch processes.

Is there a way to prioritize CICS commands (low in Adabas commands) with Batch processes (intensive in Adabas commands)? When they are executed jointly the Cics processes are penalized.

In our environment we have privileged through WLM: Adabas, Cics, Entire, 3270 Emulator.

Thank you very much.

Fran.

In my production environment there are certain days in the month in which many batch processes against Adabas are executed in addition to CICS processes. These days the users of the Cics record excessive delay times compared to days with less consumption of Batch processes.

Is there a way to prioritize CICS commands (low in Adabas commands) with Batch processes (intensive in Adabas commands)? When they are executed jointly the Cics processes are penalized.

In our environment we have privileged through WLM: Adabas, Cics, Entire, 3270 Emulator.

Thank you very much.

Fran.

You can use ADADBS PRIORITY to reduce the priority for your batch processes.

I just wonder why your WLM goals don’t reduce the batch region priorities enough,
you might want to review the respective service class definitions.