How to get values from a control in a cell

I’ve got a table that contains 3 cells

• Price
  • Packages
  • TotalAmout ( totalAmount = Price * Packages)

In a blur from Price and Package I would like to have code to calculate in the client side (javaScript) the TotalAmount. For this I have the following code->

var price = CAF.model('#{activePageBean.clientIds['V_CELL_PRICE_ID']}').getValue();
var package = CAF.model('#{activePageBean.clientIds['V_CELL_PACKAGE_ID']}').getValue();

if(preco != "" && uniVen != "")
{
		var mulTotal = (preco * uniVen).toFixed(2);
		CAF.model('#{activePageBean.clientIds['V_CELL_TOTALAMOUNT_ID']}').setValue(mulTotal);
} 

Is this the best way to get the value from control in a cell inside a table? If my table contains 100 rows this getValue gets the correct value? In terms of performance is this ok?
Is there any better way to get (in javascript) the value

Thanks in Advance

A better approach might be to use the client-side table model to list the rows in the table, and then for each row lookup the control and attach a listener. A table model’s list() method will return a list of row models, one for each row in the table’s current page. A row model’s getControl(id) method will lookup the client-side id of a control in the row, given the control’s server-side id.

In this example, the following code should lookup all the dropdowns in a table, given a server-side table id of myTableId and a server-side dropdown id of myDropdownId:

var table = CAF.model("#{activePageBean.clientIds['myTableId']}"; 
var rows = table.list(); 
for (var i = 0; i < rows.length; i++) { 
 var row = rows[i]; 
 var dropdownId = row.getControlId("myDropdownId"); 
 var dropdown = CAF.model(dropdownId); 
 dropdown.addValueChangeListener(function(id, oldValue, newValue) { 
   alert(id + " changed from " + oldValue + " to " + newValue); 
 }); 
} 

Regards,
–mark