How to Delete broker defined document type from broker

Hi,
Can any one help me on how to delete a broker defined document type from broker?

Which environment? 6.x or 7.1. Are you using WmBrokerAdmin or MWS to manage your broker?

If the environment is 6.1 and use Broker Admin and search this forum, you will find more useful thread related to this post.

If your environment is 7.1,

In MWS–> Goto Administration → Click function Messaging → Broker server → Document types →
click the check box for your broker document and click Delete button. If you are getting error messgage like “The document type has the following dependencies that you must remove: [Clients]: [Can Publish entries in client groups]: IntegrationServer [Can Subscribe entries in client groups]:eventLog IntegrationServer .”,

Then goto Clients groups for Integration Server and goto Can Publish Tab, select your document and click “Delete”

Then goto canSubscribe tab, select your document and click “Delete”.

and again come back to Messaging → Broker server → Document types →
click the check box for your broker document and click Delete button.

Hope this Helps!

Thanks for the info Arul :slight_smile:

you can achieve this from developer as well. Open the publishable document type in developer and change “Publishable” property to false. It will automatically delete document type from broker

Mangat, When you make a document unpublishable or delete the IS doc type, the doc type on the Broker is not necessarily deleted. Also, what about the document types that are created at broker apart from developer. The above suggestion by arulchristhuraj is the way to do so.

Animesh, I agree with arul’s solution and in no manner i am opposing it. In past a number of times i have used the approach told by Arul and found it is one of the best way and very reliable.

I am just giving another way to achieve it. This can be very useful in case developer don’t have admin access.

Mangat, this will not make you easy but can create a lot of hassles. When you delete or make doc type unpublishable, it doesn’t guarantee the deletion of corresponding broker doc type because it has client subscription usually associated with it. So you need to delete the clients that have subscription to the doc in that case. Else when you create/edit same doc type and make it publishable agian then IS in order to avoid collision will create another broker doc type with same name by appending _1 and further _2,_3 and so on. Now the clients will have subscription to the new doc type. The old queue will remain at broker with no subscription.

1 Like

still getting error while deleting document type in Broker, error message is: The document type has the following dependencies that you must remove: [Clients]: [Can Publish entries in client groups]: [Can Subscribe entries in client
groups]:eventLog… I can see that document type in eventLog but we cant delete that over there cos it is system defined. no trigger subscription for that document still am not able to delete it. any alternate way to delete that and needed to check any other dependency for this. any one know.

Are you trying to delete default document type that were created by IS?

If so,can i know the reason

Thanks !! this helped… Cheers