How to configure SAP Adapter at wM 7.1

Hi,

Our client is upgrading from 6.1 to 7.1.1.

We have downloaded webMethods Upgrade Guide 7.1 document from advantage but it does not contain any information about SAP Adapter configuration at 7.1.

Any one please provide us some information about configuring SAP Adapter at 7.1

Regards,
Vikram

You’ll want to review the SAP Adapter documentation for the version that you are using. The upgrade guide addresses the “core” products generally but not the adapters. The adapter docs may have upgrade information.

hi Vik, what are you having issues with? the new adapter works more like the MQ adapter in that you set up notifications and listeners, no longer creating rules in wMPartners.

let me know how you progress
T

how much about a nike dunk ??every one know??

Hi Reamon and Topetee,

I have installed SAP Adapter for 7.1.1 and configured the required jars in the following path:
[SIZE=2]Files Paths
librfccm.so - IntegrationServer_directory\lib
sapjcorfc.so - IntegrationServer_directory\lib
sapjco.jar - IntegrationServer_directory\packages\WmSAP\code\jars\static
sapidoc.jar - IntegrationServer_directory\packages\WmSAP\code\jars\static
sapidocjco.jar - IntegrationServer_directory\packages\WmSAP\code\jars\static
and have added this setting in server.bat
[SIZE=2]SET RFC_TRACE_DIR=%IS_DIR%\packages\WmSAP\logs
and then Restarted the IS7.1.1

and the WmSAP Package loaded partially and find out below errors while loading.

Load Errors
Name Reason
wm.sap.Admin:registerRoutingListener WmSAP Adapter: Error on creating new Object: [ART.114.3] Adapter Runtime: Unable to get information about adapter type WmSAP.
wm.sap.Admin:registerAdapter java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError
wm.sap.Admin:registerLocalConnection WmSAP Adapter: Error on creating new Object: [ART.118.5042] Adapter Runtime (Connection): Unable to enable connection resource wm.sap.internal.cs:emptyConnection. [ART.118.5022] Adapter Runtime (Connection): Cannot create connection wm.sap.internal.cs:emptyConnection. Adapter type WmSAP does not exist.
wm.sap.Admin:registerTransactionStore.

Thanks in advance!!
Please help me in fixing this or let me know if I miss anything.

[/size][/SIZE]

Do you have the previous SAP Adapter version loaded ? Can you check in the management link of Admin page if SAP package is loaded… If so, that is the reason WmSAP package is loading with partial errors…

Senthil

Do you have the previous SAP Adapter version loaded ? Can you check in the management link of Admin page if SAP package is loaded… If so, that is the reason WmSAP package is loading with partial errors…

Senthil

Hi Senthil,

I resolved that issue by using the latest jars and keeping them in their respective paths. My IS is running on windows XP SP2.
These are the ja versions that i loaded
JCo Middleware sapjcorfc JCo Version - 2.1.8 (2006-12-11)
JCo Middleware Version - 2.1.8 (2006-12-11)
jRFC Library Version - 2.1.8 (2006-12-11)
jRFC Library Location - <webMethods71_Home>\lib\sapjcorfc.dll
IDoc Library Version (sapidoc.jar) - 1.0.4 (2006-10-10)
JCoIDoc Library Version(sapidocjco.jar) - 1.0.7 (2007-07-20)

Now, I configured the adapter connection and enabled it. But when I tried to enable the listener the server is throwing the below error:
------------------------error trace-------------------------
2009-02-25 13:05:22 GMT+05:30 Listner:SAPListener [ART.115.3258] Adapter Runtime (Listener): Fatal error in listener Listner:SAPListener. See error log for details [SAP.104.9151] WmSAP Adapter: Error on initializing listener: com/wm/app/b2b/server/ServerException >>>BasicData:message=null,date=Wed Feb 25 13:05:22 GMT+05:30 2009,reason=[SAP.104.9151] WmSAP Adapter: Error on initializing listener: com/wm/app/b2b/server/ServerException,exceptionClass=com.wm.adapter.sap.error.SAPAdapterException,stack=[SAP.104.9151] WmSAP Adapter: Error on initializing listener: com/wm/app/b2b/server/ServerException
at com.wm.adapter.sap.util.Error.createAdapterException(Error.java:181)
at com.wm.adapter.sap.SAPListener.startListener(SAPListener.java:286)
at com.wm.adapter.sap.listener.RFCListener.listenerStartup(RFCListener.java:170)
at com.wm.adk.notification.WmUnconnectedListener.runStartup(WmUnconnectedListener.java:96)
at com.wm.adk.notification.WmUnconnectedListener.runListener(WmUnconnectedListener.java:64)
at com.wm.adk.notification.WmNotificationListener.execute(WmNotificationListener.java:753)
at com.wm.adk.notification.WmNotificationListener.run(WmNotificationListener.java:668)
at com.wm.util.pool.PooledThread.run(PooledThread.java:118)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)
,exceptionDetail=>>>BasicData:message=WmSAP Adapter: Error on initializing listener: {0},date=Wed Feb 25 13:05:22 GMT+05:30 2009,reason=com/wm/app/b2b/server/ServerException,exceptionClass=java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError,stack=java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/wm/app/b2b/server/ServerException
at com.wm.adapter.sap.SAPListener.startListener(SAPListener.java:276)
at com.wm.adapter.sap.listener.RFCListener.listenerStartup(RFCListener.java:170)
at com.wm.adk.notification.WmUnconnectedListener.runStartup(WmUnconnectedListener.java:96)
at com.wm.adk.notification.WmUnconnectedListener.runListener(WmUnconnectedListener.java:64)
at com.wm.adk.notification.WmNotificationListener.execute(WmNotificationListener.java:753)
at com.wm.adk.notification.WmNotificationListener.run(WmNotificationListener.java:668)
,errorCode=104.9151,errorMessag
d614b3c0030e11de85f2b7ce302eeea7 NULL d614b3c0030e11de85f2b7ce302eeea7
2009-02-25 13:05:22 GMT+05:30 Listner:SAPListener com/wm/app/b2b/server/ServerException java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/wm/app/b2b/server/ServerException
2009-02-25 13:05:12 GMT+05:30 [ADA.104.104.9151] WmSAP Adapter: Error on initializing listener: Startup error >>>BasicData:errorResourceBundleName=com.wm.adapter.sap.resources.WmSAPExceptionBundle,errorMessageArgs=[0]Startup error,errorCode=104.9151,pipeline=null,stack=

com.wm.adk.error.AdapterServiceException: [ADA.104.104.9151] WmSAP Adapter: Error on initializing listener: Startup error
at com.wm.adk.error.AdapterException.(AdapterException.java:299)
at com.wm.adk.error.AdapterConnectionException.(AdapterConnectionException.java:108)
at com.wm.adk.error.AdapterConnectionException.(AdapterConnectionException.java:82)
at com.wm.adapter.sap.error.SAPAdapterConnectionException.(SAPAdapterConnectionException.java:59)
at com.wm.adapter.sap.util.Error.createAdapterConnectionException(Error.java:218)
at com.wm.adapter.sap.listener.RFCListener.listenerStartup(RFCListener.java:209)

,serviceCallStack=,date=Wed Feb 25 13:05:12 GMT+05:30 2009,message=WmSAP Adapter: Error on initializing listener: Startup error<<<
2009-02-25 13:00:48 GMT+05:30 Listner:SAPListener [ART.115.3258] Adapter Runtime (Listener): Fatal error in listener Listner:SAPListener. See error log for details [SAP.104.9151] WmSAP Adapter: Error on initializing listener: com/wm/app/b2b/server/ServerException >>>BasicData:message=null,date=Wed Feb 25 13:00:48 GMT+05:30 2009,reason=[SAP.104.9151] WmSAP Adapter: Error on initializing listener: com/wm/app/b2b/server/ServerException,exceptionClass=com.wm.adapter.sap.error.SAPAdapterException,stack=[SAP.104.9151] WmSAP Adapter: Error on initializing listener: com/wm/app/b2b/server/ServerException
at com.wm.adapter.sap.util.Error.createAdapterException(Error.java:181)
at com.wm.adapter.sap.SAPListener.startListener(SAPListener.java:286)
,exceptionDetail=>>>BasicData:message=WmSAP Adapter: Error on initializing listener: {0},date=Wed Feb 25 13:00:48 GMT+05:30 2009,reason=com/wm/app/b2b/server/ServerException,exceptionClass=java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError,stack=java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/wm/app/b2b/server/ServerException
,errorCode=104.9151,errorMessag
32850f20030e11de85bdbd2cc48e6c84 NULL 32850f20030e11de85bdbd2cc48e6c84
2009-02-25 13:00:48 GMT+05:30 Listner:SAPListener com/wm/app/b2b/server/ServerException java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/wm/app/b2b/server/ServerException

Make sure, the connection is enabled before enabling the listener for that connection.

SAP RFC Destination details are required to create the listener

Program ID - RFC Destination Port in SAP,
Gateway Host - Gateway Server to connect to SAP
Gateway Service,
Repository Server, and
Unicode Listener

It should have the same details that is provided in SAP RFC Destination port.

-Senthil

Hi Senthil,

I enabled the SAP adapter connection and verified that all configurations at SAP RFC Destination are same as my Listener. Please let me know if any fixes are to be applied on this IS 7.1.2 for SAP adapter6.5 with SP1. I found this article 1614329147 about this WmSAP_6-5_SP1_Fix13 fix on advantage site but not sure whether its a cumulative fix addressing several other issues aside to my issue as well.
Please let me know whether I can go ahead to apply this fix. Its pretty urgent!!

Regards,
Datta

Hi Senthil,

I enabled the SAP adapter connection and verified that all configurations at SAP RFC Destination are same as my Listener. Please let me know if any fixes are to be applied on this IS 7.1.2 for SAP adapter6.5 with SP1. I found this article 1614329147 about this WmSAP_6-5_SP1_Fix13 fix on advantage site but not sure whether its a cumulative fix addressing several other issues aside to my issue as well.
Please let me know whether I can go ahead to apply this fix. Its pretty urgent!!

Sorry for posting twice!!

Regards,
Datta

Datta,
Please go ahead and apply the latest fix WmSAP_6-5_SP1_Fix13… It addresses several issues found till now in WmSAP Adapter package… If you look into the readme file, you can identify if your issue is already listed down there or not…

Senthil

Senthil,

Thanks a lot! It worked!!

Regards,
Datta

You are welcome !

1. Create SAP Instance in webMethods
Required information:Example
SAP Client : 800
SAP User : sapuser
password: xxxxx
system number : 00
sapgateway host : sapdev
gateway service: sapgw00

Save and TestConnection.

2. Create Listener
Click on the sap instance created and add listener
Giving ProgramID **
and after save on success can see green light

3. Go to SAP
Type Transaction ID sm59 :
go to SAP RFC Destination Gui
select TCIP Connection create
Give Name of RFC foir WM
Type : T
Select Logon Type : Registerd Program
Give ProgramID same as listner name givine WM
Give saphostname
Give gateway service as :sapgw00
Test Connection

Then the connection bridge between sap and webMethods

I hope this is very basic , but guys just started can look into it.

Thanks and Regard
Satya

were you able to resolve the issues with the SAP listener??? please let me know I am also facing the same error

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.