How to communicate BPM and JSF web application

Hi All,

we have developed JSF webapplication UI and deployed in JBoss application server, it has task Inbox implementation in UI, Different Group user has it’s own privileges pages inside in it, as soon as users of particular groups loging UI, it’s has his myInbox for workflow approvals accept or Reject.

now we are planing to go for designing of process models using BPM Designer for workflow process, i want to know is BPM process model (which is deloyed in MWS)can able able to communication JSF webapplication which is deployed in JBoss?. If yes, how it possible and what are the steps need to take care.

in BPM process model (work Flow) has to create task in JSF UI Task inboxes of particular user of group’s.

and also If user of one group logged-in UI and approve or reject the task work flow , how communication send back to process model to resume furthure process in the process model.

Can any one suggest me how the communicat can made between JBOSS JSF web application and BPM process Models which is running in MWS and IS.

Regards,
Anil Kumar Ellendula

Hi Anil,

You can have a dummy webservices exposed by webMethods and consumed by JSF. This dummy webservice either can route the document to the TN or can publish to the broker with required Input passed from JSF page. As we know we can only invoke a process mode with either broker or TN. Both can be achieved this way.

Regards

Punit Kumar

Hi Punit,

This post is not how to invoke BPM from JSF, JSF has Task implementation and how to commicate with BPM Task step , please go through my post cleary.

Regards,
Anil kumar ellendula

Hi Anil,

Your both post does not have clear requirement.

1. Implementing Task intitated by JSF , yes you can if you have prior knowledge of workflow which got rules configuration. Same is availalbe with Task as well. You can configure rule to execute the task and response back to your JSF application.

I have worked on similar kind of implementation on webMethods workflow and Tibco IProcess and rule engine.

This is the way it will work. In rule you can decide the role as well.

Regards

Punit

Hi Puneet,

Can you explain me how webMethods BPM can communicate back to JSF which is in JBOSS.

Regards,
Anil Kumar Ellendula